CRM

REmmenegger
Participante

Logging e-mails doesn't work

resolver

Hi 

How can I log an e-mail to a contact, deal or company?!

I want to attach/log important, ordinary e-mails to an account (contact, deal or company) - after I sent/received them. In particular, not outgoing e-mails which I sent (through the BCC address --> doesn't work) and also not (only) individual reply e-mails (through the Forwarding address --> doesn't work). For instance, important e-mails I sent/received to a colleague concerning an sales account. So that we have all relevant e-mails concerning that account/deal in hubspot. I couldn't figure out how. Nothing seems to work. 

Please advise asap. It seems to me that many people in this forum seem to have problems with logging e-mails.  The hubspot usage and the 'manual" I find it very confusing. 

Please help me with this issue.  I already spent ours on this issue and slowly but surely getting tired of hubsport and the provided support...

Looking forward to help.

Thank you and kind regards, 

Peter

0 Avaliação positiva
2 Solução aceitas
AdamLPW
Solução
Conselheiro(a) de destaque

resolver

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the info.  

I don't have any direct experience with GroupWise, but there have been a couple of posts in the past re: getting GroupWise IMAP connections configured.  Is your GroupWise connection set up using IMAP?  This post details the information required to troubleshoot IMAP connection issues.  If you're not happy posting these details publicly, it may be worth direct messaging one of the moderators who's named on that post with your details.  

This post may also be of use to you.  It details how the forwarding email works, and some of the things that may cause it to fail.  

I hope this helps.

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
"The rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience. I will dispense this experience... now!"

Exibir solução no post original

REmmenegger
Solução
Participante

resolver

Dear all, 

Some e-mail programs such as our GroupWise don't include the forward block (with e-mail adresses of the received e-mail) when you forward the e-mail. As a consequence it doesn't end up in Hubspot.

A work around to solve this problem is to manually add the following line on top of the to be forwarded e-mail: "FROM:<e-mail>". If you do that the forwarded e-mail gets attached in Hubspot as it is supposed to.

Kind regards, 

Peter

Exibir solução no post original

0 Avaliação positiva
4 Respostas 4
REmmenegger
Solução
Participante

resolver

Dear all, 

Some e-mail programs such as our GroupWise don't include the forward block (with e-mail adresses of the received e-mail) when you forward the e-mail. As a consequence it doesn't end up in Hubspot.

A work around to solve this problem is to manually add the following line on top of the to be forwarded e-mail: "FROM:<e-mail>". If you do that the forwarded e-mail gets attached in Hubspot as it is supposed to.

Kind regards, 

Peter

0 Avaliação positiva
AdamLPW

resolver

Hi Peter,

Logging emails to HubSpot is really very straightforward, but the method differs depending on what email provider and or software you use.  If you could let me know what email platform you're using (e.g. Outlook desktop, Office365, Gmail), I'll try to guide you to the appropriate troubleshooting.

I wouldn't take the fact that many on the forum have trouble logging emails as any kind of indicator of the quality of HubSpot's integrations.  Bear in mind that the HubSpot Community is a free forum for those who don't have access to paid support, so anyone with any kind of issue will likely post here if they are unable to find the appropriate self-help resources.  

Hopefully, we'll be able to find a solution for you pretty quickly.  😁

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
"The rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience. I will dispense this experience... now!"
REmmenegger
Participante

resolver

Dear Adam,

Thank you for the quick reply.

Use case: Our e-mail systems is GroupWise. When I send out an e-mail (and forgot to use the Hubspot-BBC e-mail)  and later want to log it in Hubspot by using the Hubspot-Forward e-mail, then Hubspot doesn't log it. 
We've invested already quite some time but couldn't figure out how to make it work.
We'd appreciate your support in this matter and look forward to hearing from you. 

Kind regards, 

Peter 

0 Avaliação positiva
AdamLPW
Solução

resolver

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the info.  

I don't have any direct experience with GroupWise, but there have been a couple of posts in the past re: getting GroupWise IMAP connections configured.  Is your GroupWise connection set up using IMAP?  This post details the information required to troubleshoot IMAP connection issues.  If you're not happy posting these details publicly, it may be worth direct messaging one of the moderators who's named on that post with your details.  

This post may also be of use to you.  It details how the forwarding email works, and some of the things that may cause it to fail.  

I hope this helps.