CRM

L_P
Contributor

Logging customer enquiries

SOLVE

What's the best way of tracking number of enquiries generated?

The sources could be reply to outbound email, incoming call having seen advert, etc, etc.

We are using "Deals" only for complete customer spend deals, typically those might come about after 3-5 small granular product enquiries.  We'd like to track those enquiries, quantity of them, source of them etc.

Needs to be something that you can have multiple of per contact (Many to One) - so I don't think lifecycle/lead status fields really cut it. It's not quite a Ticket or a Quote either. Maybe a custom data object or custom activity type, however I think you can only use them on the top priced plans? 

Preferably the solution would be something available on a starter plan.

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @L_P 

Since you are looking for a Many to One relationship that isn't with deals, you are right that custom objects would be the ideal solution - but you are correct that these require Enterprise. 

Another, even more complicated solution, would be to create a custom timeline event, but this requires API development and an approach to converting the multiple inputs into the one output. 

However, I think that enquiries are in reality quite similar to deals, and the most effective solution might simply be to have a separate pipeline just for enquiries, so that you can report on the number, value etc. 

Hope this helps?

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @L_P 

Since you are looking for a Many to One relationship that isn't with deals, you are right that custom objects would be the ideal solution - but you are correct that these require Enterprise. 

Another, even more complicated solution, would be to create a custom timeline event, but this requires API development and an approach to converting the multiple inputs into the one output. 

However, I think that enquiries are in reality quite similar to deals, and the most effective solution might simply be to have a separate pipeline just for enquiries, so that you can report on the number, value etc. 

Hope this helps?

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
L_P
Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks - yes I think a "smaller deal pipeline for small enquiries" is probably the easiest and most relevant, thanks for a thoughtful considered answer!