CRM

jonathanMBS

Logging Emails for a Deal with Many Participants

SOLVE

Hi there,

I work for a mortgage brokerage and currently we are having an issues tracking all the emails that are associated with a deal.

Every deal involves lawyers, borrowers, and lenders. Most lenders we work with have funded many mortgages with our company.

Hubspot is good at logging the emails from the borrower but I don't know how I can track emails from all parties.

Another company I spoke with said their CRM can log emails into a specific deal based on a code in the subject line. Are there similar solutions for Hubspot?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
StefaniUAT
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Please forgive me if I am confusing your question. I audit deals on a regular basis yet do not use them myself. However, from what I have seen, you can add multiple contacts to a deal. This means you would create a deal for the borrower and then add contacts for the lawyers, lenders, etc. Whenever you email a contact associated with that record, it would appear in the deal timeline. This way, whenever you contact a contact associated with that deal then it will show up in the deal timeline so anyone viewing the deal can see all communication. You also have the option to call, email, set a task, etc. straight from the deal itself.

Best,
Stefani Johnson
Defect and Database Administrator
University of Advancing Technology
uat.edu I Earn Tech Respect

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
StefaniUAT
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Please forgive me if I am confusing your question. I audit deals on a regular basis yet do not use them myself. However, from what I have seen, you can add multiple contacts to a deal. This means you would create a deal for the borrower and then add contacts for the lawyers, lenders, etc. Whenever you email a contact associated with that record, it would appear in the deal timeline. This way, whenever you contact a contact associated with that deal then it will show up in the deal timeline so anyone viewing the deal can see all communication. You also have the option to call, email, set a task, etc. straight from the deal itself.

Best,
Stefani Johnson
0 Upvotes
jonathanMBS

SOLVE

The issue here is that one of these contacts (lender) is involved with 5 different deals. If I email a lender about just 1 of these 5 deals, how can I make sure that email is logged to the correct deal?

0 Upvotes
StefaniUAT
Key Advisor

SOLVE
You can email them directly through the deal!
Best,
Stefani Johnson
0 Upvotes