CRM

the_emily_b
Contributeur

Log activity for sales rep, not me

Résolue

I want to log a meeting in a deal on behalf of a sales rep. Can this be done? When I try to log a previous meeting now, it says I had the meeting. I need the credit to go towards the sales rep. Thanks!

1 Solution acceptée
mwhite051
Solution
Contributeur de premier rang

Résolue

Hi @the_emily_b, acitivies on a contact timeline can only be recorded by the user who is currently logged in, so in order to log an activity on behalf of one of your users you'd need to be logged into their account. 

I'm curioius, is there a reason why you are logging these previous meetigns for your team, as opposed to them logging on the record?

One tool that I've used to make sure my team is keeping their activites up to date is to assign them a task. For example, instead of logging meetings here you could assign a task to your user that reminds them to log the meeting themself? 

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

3 Réponses
schan
Contributeur

Résolue

We would like this option as well! Another scenario: our admin HubSpot users are being asked to help the executives they support log activity and notes. Being able to designate whose activity it is would be helpful in this situation. Not everyone is 100% comfortable with technology and if we have Executive Admins willing to enter information for their Executives so everyone else in HubSpot can benefit from the knowledge of that info, an option to do this would be great. Thank you!

mwhite051
Solution
Contributeur de premier rang

Résolue

Hi @the_emily_b, acitivies on a contact timeline can only be recorded by the user who is currently logged in, so in order to log an activity on behalf of one of your users you'd need to be logged into their account. 

I'm curioius, is there a reason why you are logging these previous meetigns for your team, as opposed to them logging on the record?

One tool that I've used to make sure my team is keeping their activites up to date is to assign them a task. For example, instead of logging meetings here you could assign a task to your user that reminds them to log the meeting themself? 

the_emily_b
Contributeur

Résolue

As of right now, we only have 1 sales person who doesn't log into the system often. He's giving me a call every day to give me an update and I updated Hubspot. We just started with the tool so I'm hoping to get him trained on the system soon but for right now I wanted to record his meetings. 

0 Votes