CRM

PaulClappers
Colaborador(a)

Lists based on countries

Hi,

I want to make lists for our sales reps and make them contact owner of the right contacts. They've been assigned several countries and our home country The Netherlands is split between them.   

I've tried everything but I just can't get the lists right. I want to make one list without contacts from Belgium, France, Germany and The Netherlands.  

I feel kind of stupid because it should be easy (I think) but the results keep coming back with contacts from those countries. 

0 Avaliação positiva
3 Respostas 3
brianserocke
Colaborador(a) | Parceiro Platinum
Colaborador(a) | Parceiro Platinum

Lists based on countries

@PaulClappers I came across this thread while researching another issue related to the IP country code property and noticed you never received a reply. I'm not sure if you have solved this or not but I wanted to offer a suggestion based on the screenshot you shared. 

You mentioned, "I want to make one list without contacts from Belgium, France, Germany and The Netherlands." I understand that to mean you want to make a list of contacts from those countries regardless of any other criteria.  

Your multiple 'AND' statements may be excluding several contacts whom you're ultimately trying to include on this list. The 'AND' statement requires all of those filter criteria to apply for a contact to be added to the list. So, you're requiring that a contact is not in one of those countries based on IP country code and does not have an associated company in one of those countries and does not have an email address with those domain extensions and doesn't have an occupation of "Student" or "Press" and...etc. 

For example, if I was a contact with an @gmail.com email address (or a business domain like @acme.com) but located in Germany, I wouldn't be added to the list. 

If you are looking to create a list of all contacts in those countries regardless of any other factors, try keeping the IP country code criteria but removing the other country-related criteria you have. Remove Email doesn't contain any of .nl, .de, .fr, or .be and At least one associated Company has Country/Region... 

This way, you are only using one limiting criteria related to the country (IP country code in this case) in a single filter. 

One note is that HubSpot won't store an IP country code for a contact created from an offline source such as an import, sales extension, or integration. For those contacts, adding an additional filter to your list using an 'OR' statement would attempt to add those offline contacts to the list. So you could potentially add an 'OR' filter below that uses one of the other country-related criteria that you removed from the first filter.

Hopefully that helps answer your question. If not, let me know and I'd be happy to talk through it more with you.

Bryantworks
Conselheiro(a) de destaque | Parceiro Diamante
Conselheiro(a) de destaque | Parceiro Diamante

Lists based on countries

Hey @PaulClappers

Are you using an active list to do this?  I would say you're going to a have an "Is any of" statement:  Contact property > Country is any of: Belgium, France, Germany, or The Netherlands.

Alternatively, you could go off of IP Country Code (be, fr, de, nl)?

Chris Bryant | Your Dedicated HubSpot Expert
PaulClappers
Colaborador(a)

Lists based on countries

Yes, it is an active list. These are my criteria and I think I'm getting close. 

FireShot Capture 335 - Marloes contacts - Lists - app.hubspot.com.png

0 Avaliação positiva