CRM

OPrusak

Lists based on behavioral event properties - is this possible?

SOLVE

Hi all,

I'm trying to figure out if this is possible:

We give 3-4 workshops a week and have about 25 different types of workshops we provide. We're on HubSpot Marketing enterprise so we can use behavioral events to track what user went to what workshop and when.

I was thinking to create a single event called "attended workshop" and use custom properties to save the workshop ID, name, date, workshop type, category, instructor, etc.

This solves the problem of being able to see what workshops a specific person went to, but what I need is to create a list of people who went to a specific workshop.

Is this possible with behavioral events, and if not any idea on how to do this?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @OPrusak,

As far as I know, this cannot be accomplished with behavioral events, unfortunately. There is only the status of completed / not completed. With your requirements, you'd need an additional object here, either the marketing events beta or a custom object.

The only alternative would be a set of custom contact properties for each new event. These would stay empty whenever a contact has not interacted with a certain event – not ideal either.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
webdew
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @OPrusak ,

As @karstenkoehler suggested, yes we can create a list for Bahavioral events but using the same filter in the lists.
Contacts > Lists > Contact based lists > use filter Behavioral events.
This filter will be visible for contact baased list and not company based list.

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards. 

OPrusak

SOLVE

Thanks for the reply, but my issue is that I can not filter the list based on specific properties of the Behavioral Event.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @OPrusak,

Yes, this is possible. In a list, simply select the Filter type "Behavioral Events":

karstenkoehler_0-1626321442892.png

You can then filter for contacts who have or have not completed that event and refine the filter:

karstenkoehler_1-1626321466365.png

Another way to approach this would be the marketing events BETA. HubSpot can aggregate marketing events from certain integrations, so you can have a consistent overview of your marketing events, which could be your workshops. Once you've added this object type to your HubSpot account, you can create marketing events through the Marketing events API and create saved views based on their property values.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

OPrusak

SOLVE

Hey Karsten,

Thanks for the reply, but my issue is that I can not filter the list based on specific properties of the Behavioral Event.

We're already part of the marketing events beta, but setting it up isn't as easy as just sending data via the API, we need to create a new app integration, which is beyond our expertise.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @OPrusak,

As far as I know, this cannot be accomplished with behavioral events, unfortunately. There is only the status of completed / not completed. With your requirements, you'd need an additional object here, either the marketing events beta or a custom object.

The only alternative would be a set of custom contact properties for each new event. These would stay empty whenever a contact has not interacted with a certain event – not ideal either.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler