CRM

EbarakHossain
Top colaborador(a)

List creation based on list membership

resolver

Hi friends,

I need your help in the following situations:

Situation One:

I have contacts in CRM who are members of more than one list. Now, I need to create a active list who are member of 2 or less than 2 lists and another active list I need to create for contacts who are member of 3+ lists. How can this be done? 

Situation Two: (similar)

I have 10 different types of services and customer can order more than one service or become member of any number of services (upto 10). Now I need to create an active list who have selected 2 services and another active list for those who have selected 3+ serivces. How can I create such list?

Your kind help would be highly appreciated. 

Many thanks in advance. 

Happy HubSpotting!

0 Avaliação positiva
3 Solução aceitas
karstenkoehler
Solução
Membro do Hall da Fama | Parceiro

resolver

Hi @EbarakHossain,

Which HubSpot subscription are you on?

In general, I would recommend working with custom properties rather than lists since that approach offers more flexibility. Regarding your first question, unfortunately this can't currently be done, at least not automatically and not without custom code in the new HubSpot Operations Hub. Any list-based solution would require you to list all combinations, e.g. Contact is member of List 1 and List 2, or List 1 and List 3, or List 1 and List 4 etc. – not feasible.

Is there any way at all you could approach this from another angle? Not based on list membership but based on the criteria of the lists?

Regarding your second question, the only automated way I know of would be 10 contact-based workflows, each of which increases a custom number property by +1 when a a service is found for one of your contacts. These have to be separate workflows to account for multiple choices in one submission / edit. That way, you'd end up with a number property that keeps track of the number of services – which can then be used for list building.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Exibir solução no post original

karstenkoehler
Solução

resolver

Hi @EbarakHossain,

Sure thing. You would create this workflow 10x, one for each value of your services property:

karstenkoehler_0-1620456838663.png

Re-enrollment would not be enabled.

I've also played around with one workflow that does all, which could look like this:

karstenkoehler_1-1620456907656.png

However, re-enrollment would be an issue. Re-enrollment would have to be allowed to make sure that services selected in the future are counted (and not just the current ones). However, during re-enrollment old values would be re-counted. It looks cool but it wouldn't work haha.

Have a great weekend!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

karstenkoehler
Solução

resolver

Hi @EbarakHossain,

I haven't explored that avenue yet, but it would likely involve the contact lists API and the custom code action in workflows. Unfortunately that's not something that can be drafted on the fly like workflows.

Have a great weekend!

Karsten Köhler

5 Respostas 5
karstenkoehler
Solução

resolver

Hi @EbarakHossain,

I haven't explored that avenue yet, but it would likely involve the contact lists API and the custom code action in workflows. Unfortunately that's not something that can be drafted on the fly like workflows.

Have a great weekend!

Karsten Köhler

karstenkoehler
Solução

resolver

Hi @EbarakHossain,

Which HubSpot subscription are you on?

In general, I would recommend working with custom properties rather than lists since that approach offers more flexibility. Regarding your first question, unfortunately this can't currently be done, at least not automatically and not without custom code in the new HubSpot Operations Hub. Any list-based solution would require you to list all combinations, e.g. Contact is member of List 1 and List 2, or List 1 and List 3, or List 1 and List 4 etc. – not feasible.

Is there any way at all you could approach this from another angle? Not based on list membership but based on the criteria of the lists?

Regarding your second question, the only automated way I know of would be 10 contact-based workflows, each of which increases a custom number property by +1 when a a service is found for one of your contacts. These have to be separate workflows to account for multiple choices in one submission / edit. That way, you'd end up with a number property that keeps track of the number of services – which can then be used for list building.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

EbarakHossain
Top colaborador(a)

resolver

@karstenkoehler Hiya Boss,

Many thanks for your excellent advices. 

The company has Marketing Hub Professional, Legacy Sales Hub Starter, Free Service and Operations Hub.

I thinks the 2nd option will help me solve the puzzle.

Boss, would you mind showing me an example of the said workflow So I can start building the rest workflows based on your sample.

Thanks again for your kind assistance. 

0 Avaliação positiva
karstenkoehler
Solução

resolver

Hi @EbarakHossain,

Sure thing. You would create this workflow 10x, one for each value of your services property:

karstenkoehler_0-1620456838663.png

Re-enrollment would not be enabled.

I've also played around with one workflow that does all, which could look like this:

karstenkoehler_1-1620456907656.png

However, re-enrollment would be an issue. Re-enrollment would have to be allowed to make sure that services selected in the future are counted (and not just the current ones). However, during re-enrollment old values would be re-counted. It looks cool but it wouldn't work haha.

Have a great weekend!

Karsten Köhler

EbarakHossain
Top colaborador(a)

resolver

Hiya @karstenkoehler , So thankful for your extraordinary help. 

Boss, any idea on how the custom code will achieve this?

Many thanks.

/Ebarak

0 Avaliação positiva