List contacts who I haven't responded to

dan0net

Hi there,

How do I list contacts that have emailed me, but I have yet to respond to?

Also - How do I list contacts that I have emailed, but haven't yet responded to me?

This seems pretty basic, but I can't find a bullet proof solution on it anywhere.

Thanks for your help!

Daniel

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
edjusten
HubSpot Employee

Hi @dan0net See below for answers to your questions: 

How do I list contacts that I have emailed, but haven't yet responded to me?

You can set the Recent Sales Email Open Date to Unknown property to find contacts who have yet to open your emails. There is not a filter to that will segment contacts who have opened but not responded.  

How do I list contacts that have emailed me, but I have yet to respond to?

Your best bet here is to build a starting with the Original Source Drill-Down 2 field set to FORWARD_TO_CRM. This will identify all contacts that reached out to you and were forwarded to your  CRM. You can then set a filter of Recent Sales Email open date is Unknown.

Thank you,

Ed Justen

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
Timmy

Surely by setting the Sales Email Reply Date to unknown, covers off the contacts who havent replied to you?

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager

Hi @Timmy,

Thanks for commenting! You are correct that Sales email reply date is unknown would cover these contacts, however that filter would also pull in all contacts who you hadn't reached out to at all. 

Thanks, 

Jenny

0 Upvotes
Timmy

Ok... so (along with a few other filters) in addition I set 'In Sequence' is known as false... (I believe it changes to false when they respond or bounce in a sequence as opposed to no setting in there at all by default). So that way I know they have come out of a sequence, most likely due to a response. That response or bounce just prompts us to chance the lead status accordingly or create a deal etc.

Think that does it right? certainly seems to work for me.

Cheers

Tim

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager

Hey @Timmy that sounds spot on! 

Thanks,
Jenny

0 Upvotes