CRM

bwils811
Participant

List Creation Based on HubSpot Users

SOLVE

Our sales team is included in all mass emails we send to customers. This team changes frequently, so a manual update of the sales team list is required quite often. If only this team was already logged in HubSpot somewhere...

Oh yeah! They're all HubSpot users!

We have our users segmented by teams in a very organized fashion. It would be very helpful to add segments of people to lists based on the team defined in the HubSpot "User and Teams" panel. Every time a new sales rep is added, they are added to HubSpot and sorted into the proper team. Building an active list based on this team membership would allow us to easily include certain teams on emails without having to keep a manually updated list. 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Jnix284
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hi @bwils811 I'm not sure if there's a better way now, but a few years ago when working with a much larger team with lots of growth (new people added constantly), I created a workflow that identified contacts with an email that matched our domain (@yourbrand.com) and then used the workflow to add them to the list automatically.

I know it's not associated with their user status, so if they leave the company you would still have to have a process for removing them - either by updating their contact status in a way that would exclude them from all emails (we had a lost prospect, left company, etc. lead status that auto-added anyone to our exclude list that we used for every email send).

If you're not using an exclude list, I recommend one for bounces, unsubscribes, and lost prospects as a starting point - adding exclusion lists make it easier to manage email sends because you can combine people that match a criteria based on the list you want to include, without having to individually update those lists to account for people who need to be removed, with those you want to exclude and only those who meet both criteria (are included and not excluded) will get the email.

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
ankitparmar09
Top Contributor

SOLVE

Hello @bwils811 

Thanks for reaching out. Good question. I can give you references link, it can help you.

References Link: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/lists/create-active-or-static-lists

bwils811
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks for the reply. I'm well-versed in list creation. My problem is that the current workflow tools and list filters don't allow us to query a list based on HubSpot account users, and even more helpful, specific user teams. 

0 Upvotes
Jnix284
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @bwils811 I'm not sure if there's a better way now, but a few years ago when working with a much larger team with lots of growth (new people added constantly), I created a workflow that identified contacts with an email that matched our domain (@yourbrand.com) and then used the workflow to add them to the list automatically.

I know it's not associated with their user status, so if they leave the company you would still have to have a process for removing them - either by updating their contact status in a way that would exclude them from all emails (we had a lost prospect, left company, etc. lead status that auto-added anyone to our exclude list that we used for every email send).

If you're not using an exclude list, I recommend one for bounces, unsubscribes, and lost prospects as a starting point - adding exclusion lists make it easier to manage email sends because you can combine people that match a criteria based on the list you want to include, without having to individually update those lists to account for people who need to be removed, with those you want to exclude and only those who meet both criteria (are included and not excluded) will get the email.

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

bwils811
Participant

SOLVE

Thanks, Jennifer. I've considered that. To your point, the biggest issue is that the user won't roll off when they leave the company. A bounce rule could work to help this issue. I'd have to find a way to split the sales team (the main recipients of the emails I'm trying to create an active list for) from the rest of our employees (who are kept in the CRM for HR email purposes). A department property could do the trick. 

Again, thanks for the ideas! 

Jnix284

SOLVE

you're welcome @bwils811 , I hope you find a solution that works!