Linking to yahooSOLVE
Feb 28, 2020 10:57 AM
I have spent the past hour and a half trying to link to my yahoo and have been chatting with one of the sales guys but he has been unable to help me. I have set up filters which has whitelisted hubspot and have tried all of the other tips and troubleshooting but to no avail. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I do this?
Solved! Go to Solution.
Mar 2, 2020 1:54 PM
There is only one workable way to make Yahoo mail work with hubspot and after hours of troubleshooting, I have found the only way to make it work.
Follow these steps to be up and running in minutes.
- Log into your yahoo account.
- after logged in click on paste this link https://mail.yahoosmallbusiness.com/accountinfo
- Right below password/change password, you will see App Password and below it you will click on "Manage App Passwords"
- In the box that says Select your app you will pick other at the bottom of the list
- Labe it Hubspot and click on the generate button.
- The app password is going to show up on the next screen and click on the "click to copy" button
- click on Done!
- log into your hubspot
- Click on Settings
- Click on Integrations then email Integrations
- Scroll down to advanced options and click on "add IMAP settings"
- (If you are using yahoo business then enter your company domain)
- Incoming Mail (IMAP) is imap.mail.yahoo.com and port 993
- Outgoing Mail (SMTP) is smtp.bizmail.yahoo.com port 465
- Do NOT check allow non-secure certificate.
- Hit Update.
- Now connect an inbox and select other mail account(if you have already done this just click the edit button on the email you have not been able to connect.
- Fill in the email address for your yahoo account
- PASTE THE PASSWORD YOU GENERATED FOR THE APP FROM YAHOO.
- Check the outgoing mail uses the same credentials as the incoming
- the user name is the full email address
- The incoming and outgoing servers should already be filled in so just Hit Save
- You are done so smile.
- Send me a thank you card and maybe a box of cookies or coffee because it was soooooo easy.
Why it was not working. HubSpot set the email system up as an app and if you look at your web browser it will say something like https://app.hubspot.com/crm-settings-email/9894857/email/connectedEmails so it is viewed by yahoo as an app.
I was a little surprised I was able to figure this out before tech support on a few phone calls and multiple support threads.