CRM

ElizabethNE

Linking to yahoo

SOLVE

I have spent the past hour and a half trying to link to my yahoo and have been chatting with one of the sales guys but he has been unable to help me.  I have set up filters which has whitelisted hubspot and have tried all of the other tips and troubleshooting but to no avail.  Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I do this?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
peaksclothing
Solution
Participant

Linking to yahoo

SOLVE

There is only one workable way to make Yahoo mail work with hubspot and after hours of troubleshooting, I have found the only way to make it work.

Follow these steps to be up and running in minutes.

Steps

1. Log into your yahoo account.
  2. after logged in click on paste this link https://mail.yahoosmallbusiness.com/accountinfo
  3.  Right below password/change password, you will see App Password and below it you will click on "Manage App Passwords"
  4.  In the box that says Select your app you will pick other at the bottom of the list
  5.  Labe it Hubspot and click on the generate button.
  6.  The app password is going to show up on the next screen and click on the "click to copy" button
  7.  click on Done!
  8. log into your hubspot
  9.  Click on Settings
  10.  Click on Integrations then email Integrations
  11. Scroll down to advanced options and click on "add IMAP settings"
  12. (If you are using yahoo business then enter your company domain)
  13. Incoming Mail (IMAP) is imap.mail.yahoo.com and port 993
  14. Outgoing Mail (SMTP) is smtp.bizmail.yahoo.com port 465
  15. Do NOT check allow non-secure certificate.
  16. Hit Update.
  17. Now connect an inbox and select other mail account(if you have already done this just click the edit button on the email you have not been able to connect.
  18.  Fill in the email address for your yahoo account
  19.  PASTE THE PASSWORD YOU GENERATED FOR THE APP FROM YAHOO.
  20.  Check the outgoing mail uses the same credentials as the incoming
  21.  the user name is the full email address
  22. The incoming and outgoing servers should already be filled in so just Hit Save
  23. You are done so smile.
  24. Send me a thank you card and maybe a box of cookies or coffee because it was soooooo easy.

Why it was not working. HubSpot set the email system up as an app and if you look at your web browser it will say something like https://app.hubspot.com/crm-settings-email/9894857/email/connectedEmails so it is viewed by yahoo as an app.

I was a little surprised I was able to figure this out before tech support on a few phone calls and multiple support threads.

View solution in original post

18 Replies 18
Scott21
Participant

Linking to yahoo

SOLVE

If anyone is trying to do this from a free yahoo mail account rather than a small business account, then you need to go to your Yahoo account settings, NOT your mail settings.

Follow peaksclothing's instructions, but use this link in step 2: https://login.yahoo.com/account/security. At the bottom of that page, click on the link "Generate app passwords." The link will be "Manage app passwords" if you already have any passwords set up for other apps.

berquelme
Participant

Linking to yahoo

SOLVE

In your yahoo account security, manage app passwords.

Yahoo will give you a password for you to copy and paste when huspot email integration request your email password.

peaksclothing
Solution
Participant

Linking to yahoo

SOLVE

There is only one workable way to make Yahoo mail work with hubspot and after hours of troubleshooting, I have found the only way to make it work.

Follow these steps to be up and running in minutes.

Steps

1. Log into your yahoo account.
  2. after logged in click on paste this link https://mail.yahoosmallbusiness.com/accountinfo
  3.  Right below password/change password, you will see App Password and below it you will click on "Manage App Passwords"
  4.  In the box that says Select your app you will pick other at the bottom of the list
  5.  Labe it Hubspot and click on the generate button.
  6.  The app password is going to show up on the next screen and click on the "click to copy" button
  7.  click on Done!
  8. log into your hubspot
  9.  Click on Settings
  10.  Click on Integrations then email Integrations
  11. Scroll down to advanced options and click on "add IMAP settings"
  12. (If you are using yahoo business then enter your company domain)
  13. Incoming Mail (IMAP) is imap.mail.yahoo.com and port 993
  14. Outgoing Mail (SMTP) is smtp.bizmail.yahoo.com port 465
  15. Do NOT check allow non-secure certificate.
  16. Hit Update.
  17. Now connect an inbox and select other mail account(if you have already done this just click the edit button on the email you have not been able to connect.
  18.  Fill in the email address for your yahoo account
  19.  PASTE THE PASSWORD YOU GENERATED FOR THE APP FROM YAHOO.
  20.  Check the outgoing mail uses the same credentials as the incoming
  21.  the user name is the full email address
  22. The incoming and outgoing servers should already be filled in so just Hit Save
  23. You are done so smile.
  24. Send me a thank you card and maybe a box of cookies or coffee because it was soooooo easy.

Why it was not working. HubSpot set the email system up as an app and if you look at your web browser it will say something like https://app.hubspot.com/crm-settings-email/9894857/email/connectedEmails so it is viewed by yahoo as an app.

I was a little surprised I was able to figure this out before tech support on a few phone calls and multiple support threads.

JHines

Linking to yahoo

SOLVE

This allows me to make the connection, but it gets disconnected after sending multiple emails. I've gone back and forth with hubspot and yahoo support and nobody can figure out why i'm losing connection. Any help would be appeciated

0 Upvotes
TeamDunnSold
Participant

Linking to yahoo

SOLVE

Thanks for taking the time to map this out.  I'm working with it but having a disconnect on step 10: Click on Integrations then email Integrations.  "Email Integrations" doesn't show up.  I'm chatting with HS and they say yahoo is not supported then we sent them this community page and they indicate I should share a screenshot to ask what others do here.  I'm not able to get through step 10.  They pointed us to some IMAP workaround but that isn't working.  HubspotImage.png

0 Upvotes
ktrot

Linking to yahoo

SOLVE

Just let me know where to send the coffee and card.

Nat1702
Participant

Linking to yahoo

SOLVE

Thank youuuu!! it works

claytravels
Participant

Linking to yahoo

SOLVE

Thanks for this  peaksclothing! Cmon Hubspot this is a basic one, make a knowledgebase entry already.

0 Upvotes
djc1
Participant

Linking to yahoo

SOLVE

What's the solution for non- yahoo business accounts? I've tried troubleshooting it. 

Is there a work around for free yahoo users?

Please advise....

I get the same error code: 

"Unauthorized
HubSpot can't access your inbox because the credentials are incorrect."

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Linking to yahoo

SOLVE

Hi @djc1,

If you are still experiencing issues with connecting your inbox, can you please share (either through here or direct message) the information requested here. I am happy to assist further once we have this information! 

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
JustinPerkinsC
Top Contributor

Linking to yahoo

SOLVE

the hard part is always finding the right the correct settings. I did a quick search and found some settings to give a try for yahoo. Fill in as much of these as are available in the email setup. 

Sorry, I would have replied sooner but think Hubspot community doesn't like too many replies in a certain period of time...  I was trying to be too helpful it seems.

IMAP server settings for Yahoo Mail

Incoming Mail (IMAP) Server

Server - imap.mail.yahoo.com
Port - 993
Requires SSL - Yes

Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server

Server - smtp.mail.yahoo.com
Port - 465 or 587
Requires SSL - Yes
Requires authentication - Yes

Your login info

Email address - Your full email address (name@domain.com)
Password - Your account's password
Requires authentication - Yes

Justin Perkins
Marketing Operations Manager
JPerkins@contractlogix.com
Contract LogixLinkedin
0 Upvotes
JHines

Linking to yahoo

SOLVE

SO this works when im initially connecting. however, when i start blasting out emails through hubspot with my yahoo small busines account, it randomly disconnects. Ive talked to yahoo AND hubspot, and nobody can figure out why its kicking me off when i send emails. some emails work but others get disconnected. Can anyone help?

0 Upvotes
ElizabethNE

Linking to yahoo

SOLVE

Thank you - but that didn't work either....have tried so many variants on this and none seem to be working

0 Upvotes
JustinPerkinsC
Top Contributor

Linking to yahoo

SOLVE

sorry I couldn't be more help here Elizabeth, hopefully someone can chime in as honestly just not familiar enough with this. 

Justin Perkins
Contract LogixLinkedin
0 Upvotes
ElizabethNE

Linking to yahoo

SOLVE

Thank you for trying - seems like a weird glitch but hopefully it will be resolved

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Linking to yahoo

SOLVE

HI @ElizabethNE,

If you've tried a lot of times without any success, it may be worth clearing your cache to ensure there are no cached errors causing further issues (or preventing the right information from connecting). 

If you're still stuck after trying the information @JustinPerkinsC suggested, can you please DM me the information requested here.

Thank you,
Jenny

JustinPerkinsC
Top Contributor

Linking to yahoo

SOLVE

you are looking to set this up using IMAP and SMTP settings correct? I know this is the standard article on this for trying to configure those options. https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email-notifications/what-are-the-technical-requirements-for-connecting...

Justin Perkins
Contract LogixLinkedin
ElizabethNE

Linking to yahoo

SOLVE

We tried all of those - with the whitelisting and filter option.  I have no idea how to do the IMAP/STMP.  We are a small community beneficial society who has just been awarded funding so have not IT support so it is just me trying to figure it out.  The sales guy said that other users use yahoo and to post here asking for advice as to what to do next

0 Upvotes