CRM

lchandler1986

Linking forms to contacts/companies

SOLVE

Hi everyone,

I have two Hubspot forms on my website, one for clients to enquire for quotes and one for candidates to register their details with me. I am just wondering if there is a way to link the client form to my 'companies' CRM and insert all information submitted from the website into the relevant colums in the CRM. And the same with the candidates form to go into the 'contacts' CRM. I essentially want clients and Candidates kept seperate at all times. 

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks in advance

Luke

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @lchandler1986

HubSpot forms cannot be configured to capture company properties and send data to company records. They can only capture contact properties. 

If you try to use the CRM the way you describe, only tracking your clients as companies, you will find yourself working against the CRM a lot of the time, so I wouldn't advise it. 

Contact records are intended for people, Company records for organisations. Candidates and your contacts at clients are all people, so they should create contacts in the CRM. 

You can, however, associate client contacts with companies and leave candidates unassociated if you wish. You could also create custom contact properties to distinguish candidates from clients. 

Failing that, you might be better of with a recruitment specific CRM like Bullhorn. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @lchandler1986

HubSpot forms cannot be configured to capture company properties and send data to company records. They can only capture contact properties. 

If you try to use the CRM the way you describe, only tracking your clients as companies, you will find yourself working against the CRM a lot of the time, so I wouldn't advise it. 

Contact records are intended for people, Company records for organisations. Candidates and your contacts at clients are all people, so they should create contacts in the CRM. 

You can, however, associate client contacts with companies and leave candidates unassociated if you wish. You could also create custom contact properties to distinguish candidates from clients. 

Failing that, you might be better of with a recruitment specific CRM like Bullhorn. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
0 Upvotes