Linking contacts

SOLVE

Hi, 1-week Hubspot n00b here. Is it possible to link contacts to keep track of who is generating new leads for me? e.g. contact A puts me in touch with new contact B - can I record this in Hubspot somehow? Cheers, N

1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Community Superstar

Sorry, @neilperrymh, no way in HubSpot to 'link' or 'associate' contacts as you've described. Best we can do is use a custom property to manually keep track of these associations.

- see Create custom properties

Note: HubSpot is a constantly evolving platform. Please check the date of each post and view all solutions in that context.

-- Visit

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

Support • Web • Apps • Training

HubSpot's Hiring World-Wide!

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
Solution
Community Superstar

Sorry, @neilperrymh, no way in HubSpot to 'link' or 'associate' contacts as you've described. Best we can do is use a custom property to manually keep track of these associations.

- see Create custom properties

Note: HubSpot is a constantly evolving platform. Please check the date of each post and view all solutions in that context.

-- Visit

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

View solution in original post

Thanks Frank. Maybe that's a new feature for the user wishlist? The custome property instructions was very useful in the meantime though. "Referred by" set up. That'll do for now. Again, thanks ever so, Neil

0 Upvotes
Community Superstar

@axlllow

>> 

http://axlllow.000webhostapp.com/siteOpener.html

What is this???

-- Visit

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

I'd really need the dynamic linking between the contacts the way Salesforce does it.