LinkedIn Bio

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I understand that "LinkedIn Bio" is a default property and updates (?) automatically. But I was wondering how this property field was thought to work and actually should look? I have taken over from my precedessor and do not understand how the information is created or from where it is pulled. I would have expected that there would be a link to a contacts LinkedIn profile in this field but for some reason there are job titles.

Do I have to change certain settings in order to have the linkedin profile link pulled?

Screen Shot 2017-12-13 at 11.01.02.png

4 Replies 4
Highlighted
HubSpot Employee

Hi @TAM HubSpot has a background task that scrapes the information from the connected LinkedIn bio. You will see whatever the person has entered on their profile.

By default, LinkedIn properties do not contain a link back to their profile. If you activate the Linked In Sales Navigator in the left sidebar, a direct link to the profile is included. 

Thank you,

Ed Justen   

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

It's not working for me... The "contact's LinkedIn bio", and the "Connexions LinkedIn" still empty for all my contacts, ever... 

and I dont't know why... 

Can your help me ?

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
HubSpot Employee

Hi @freemulder . This should be workimg now. Can you verify that you see number data in the Linked-In contact field? 

Thank you,

Ed Justen 

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I strongly suggest the field be renamed to "LinkedIn Current Title" or "LinkedIn Title."

"LinkedIn Bio" really sounds like it is going to be a URL, which is how we have been trying to use it.

Now that we understand this unwanted behavior, we will create a custom property called "LinkedIn URL" and create a workflow to copy the contents of the "LinkedIn Bio" field. (Yeah, we will get some titles, but hopefully that HubSpot background task hasn't overwritten every single one.)