CRM

JeremiahLandi

Link customer to external event

SOLVE

Hello,

I attend a lot of network events ever month held by external networking groups. I often get lists of individuals after the event that I would like totag back to the event.

I am not sure how the best way to log the event to multiple people, I have tried creating a marketing event; however, I do not think that is the intent of those witin HubSpot.

Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Best,

Jeremiah

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JeremiahLandi,

While marketing events are one option, they're meant to aggregate marketing events from certain integrations like Eventbrite, Zoom, or GoToWebinar, you're correct.

Another option that I prefer to keep track of which event touchpoints a contact has had is a multiple checkboxes property. You would create a new custom contact property of this type and add all events as checkbox options.

From that point on, you can update newly imported contacts by bulk editing them. (Make sure to append, not to replace the new value.)

As new events happen, you would add those to this property's checkboxes list in the property settings.

This allows you to easily filter for contacts that have attended to certain events – and see at a glance all the events a contact has attended so far.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JeremiahLandi,

While marketing events are one option, they're meant to aggregate marketing events from certain integrations like Eventbrite, Zoom, or GoToWebinar, you're correct.

Another option that I prefer to keep track of which event touchpoints a contact has had is a multiple checkboxes property. You would create a new custom contact property of this type and add all events as checkbox options.

From that point on, you can update newly imported contacts by bulk editing them. (Make sure to append, not to replace the new value.)

As new events happen, you would add those to this property's checkboxes list in the property settings.

This allows you to easily filter for contacts that have attended to certain events – and see at a glance all the events a contact has attended so far.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.