CRM

mrprice
Participante

Link One Deal to Another

resolver

Is there a way to link one deal to another deal? We have a situation where a current deal is a follow-on to a previous deal and we'd like the ability to link those deals together.

2 Soluciones aceptadas
Mike_Eastwood
Solución
Asesor destacado | Partner nivel Gold

Link One Deal to Another

resolver

Hi @mrprice 

There's no "out of the box" way to link a Deal to another Deal (you can link a Company or Contact to multiple Deals to create a link but I suspect that's not what you're asking).

So, what we typically do is put a Note, in the Deal, with a link to the other Deal. Then pin the note to the Deal (so it's always at the top). Then we repeat the process linking the second Deal back to the first Deal.

It's a workaround, but it may work for you?

Have fun

Mike

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

karstenkoehler
Solución
Miembro del salón de la fama | Partner

Link One Deal to Another

resolver

Hi @mrprice and everyone,

Great news, it's now possible to associate records of the same type, see this public beta:

Tickets | Custom Objects | Contacts | Deals | Companies

[Public Beta] Associate Records of the Same Object Type

Oct 18, 2023

What is it?

Same object associations give customers the ability to associate a CRM record to another record of the same object type e.g. a contact to a contact or a deal to a deal. These new associations are available for contacts, companies, deals, tickets and custom objects and can be leveraged across core HubSpot tools. Watch a short video on how this works.

Why does it matter?

Customers want HubSpot to reflect the reality of their business; this often includes a web of contacts or a collection of related companies. Without the ability to connect contacts to contacts, companies to companies and other objects to their same type, customers have been missing key relationships in HubSpot.

How does it work?

Users can now create associations between records of the same type for contacts, companies, deals, tickets and custom objects. On each record, you’ll see a new section in the right sidebar which reflects the type of record you’re on e.g. you’ll see a contacts section while on a contact record.

Customers with at least one Pro or Enterprise subscription can also create either a single label which is the same in both directions e.g. two contacts have the label colleague or a pair of labels representing two sides of a specific relationship e.g. student and teacher. When applying labels, you’re able to preview the application of the labels to ensure it’s correct before creating a new associations.

Same object associations can be leveraged in the following features:

• Calculated properties
  • Custom Report Builder
  • Import
  • Index Pages
  • Lists
  • Records
  • Workflows

Who gets it?

All hubs and tiers can create associations between records of the same object type (with custom objects being available to enterprise tiers only). Labels are only available to Pro+ customers as well as in custom report builder and workflow support.

You can find this beta here:

karstenkoehler_4-1697690365566.png

Have a great day everyone!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

10 Respuestas 10
karstenkoehler
Solución

Link One Deal to Another

resolver

Hi @mrprice and everyone,

Great news, it's now possible to associate records of the same type, see this public beta:

Tickets | Custom Objects | Contacts | Deals | Companies

[Public Beta] Associate Records of the Same Object Type

Oct 18, 2023

What is it?

Same object associations give customers the ability to associate a CRM record to another record of the same object type e.g. a contact to a contact or a deal to a deal. These new associations are available for contacts, companies, deals, tickets and custom objects and can be leveraged across core HubSpot tools. Watch a short video on how this works.

Why does it matter?

Customers want HubSpot to reflect the reality of their business; this often includes a web of contacts or a collection of related companies. Without the ability to connect contacts to contacts, companies to companies and other objects to their same type, customers have been missing key relationships in HubSpot.

How does it work?

Users can now create associations between records of the same type for contacts, companies, deals, tickets and custom objects. On each record, you’ll see a new section in the right sidebar which reflects the type of record you’re on e.g. you’ll see a contacts section while on a contact record.

Customers with at least one Pro or Enterprise subscription can also create either a single label which is the same in both directions e.g. two contacts have the label colleague or a pair of labels representing two sides of a specific relationship e.g. student and teacher. When applying labels, you’re able to preview the application of the labels to ensure it’s correct before creating a new associations.

Same object associations can be leveraged in the following features:

• Calculated properties
  • Custom Report Builder
  • Import
  • Index Pages
  • Lists
  • Records
  • Workflows

Who gets it?

All hubs and tiers can create associations between records of the same object type (with custom objects being available to enterprise tiers only). Labels are only available to Pro+ customers as well as in custom report builder and workflow support.

You can find this beta here:

karstenkoehler_4-1697690365566.png

Have a great day everyone!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

SarahOps
Colaborador

Link One Deal to Another

resolver

Thanks!

0 Me gusta
acarbonneau
Participante

Link One Deal to Another

resolver

Does this only work with contacts or can deals be associated with other deals? 

0 Me gusta
karstenkoehler

Link One Deal to Another

resolver

@acarbonneau deals as well, please see my previous reply with all the details.

Karsten Köhler

Mike_Eastwood

Link One Deal to Another

resolver

Hi @JPrier 

I just checked again – the new Associations API in HubSpot doesn't allow Deal to Deal relationships.

It would be possible to build a custom integration (let me know if you're interested) to make it easy for your team to use.

But, out of the box there is no easy way.

Have fun

Mike

AKhan786
Participante

Link One Deal to Another

resolver

Hi Mike,

Has there been any update on this? We're also looking for a way to link deals together, kind of like a "Parent-Child" relationship where one deal is a followup/change-request from another, and requires a form of linking between them. 

Is there a new OOTB way or a sufficient workaround for that now?

JPrier
Participante

Link One Deal to Another

resolver
Hi Mike, email me at jprier [at] forefrontpower [dot] com. Would love to get an estimate from you on this.
0 Me gusta
Mike_Eastwood

Link One Deal to Another

resolver

Hi @JPrier 

Just sent you an email – with a calendar link – so I can learn more about your business process.

Looking forward to meeting you.

Mike

JPrier
Participante

Link One Deal to Another

resolver

@Mike_Eastwood - Is this still the latest on approach? No updates since 8/2020, correct?

0 Me gusta
Mike_Eastwood
Solución

Link One Deal to Another

resolver

Hi @mrprice 

There's no "out of the box" way to link a Deal to another Deal (you can link a Company or Contact to multiple Deals to create a link but I suspect that's not what you're asking).

So, what we typically do is put a Note, in the Deal, with a link to the other Deal. Then pin the note to the Deal (so it's always at the top). Then we repeat the process linking the second Deal back to the first Deal.

It's a workaround, but it may work for you?

Have fun

Mike