CRM

SDavis6
Participant

Link Deal Property to a Company

SOLVE

Can I link deal properties to a company?  For example I have a deal property called products but when I look up the company profile the products associated with their deals do not show up.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
kvlschaefer
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @SDavis6 ! 

Thanks for reaching out! 

At the moment, we do not have the functionality to add a Product section on the right side of a company record. Currently, products can be associated only with deals.  As a workaround, you could create a custom property for products, and then manually enter each product name as a value for this property. From here, you would have to go into all the associated deals and enter in these product names.

If this is functionality you would like to see moving forward, I would recommend upvoting this related idea in our Ideas Forum: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Associate-products-show-product-associations-on-Compa...

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
webdew
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @SDavis6 ,
HubSpot properties doens't work like this. Contact properties will show up for contact based lists/workflows and other features and same for other properties too.
You have to create the property by the same name under the deqal properties and copy the values from contacts to deals. If you have access to workflows, you can create a workflow and can get the values copy from contact property to deal property. But as you are on starter pack and no access to workflows, you have to do this work manually.

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards.

kvlschaefer
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @SDavis6 ! 

Thanks for reaching out! 

At the moment, we do not have the functionality to add a Product section on the right side of a company record. Currently, products can be associated only with deals.  As a workaround, you could create a custom property for products, and then manually enter each product name as a value for this property. From here, you would have to go into all the associated deals and enter in these product names.

If this is functionality you would like to see moving forward, I would recommend upvoting this related idea in our Ideas Forum: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Associate-products-show-product-associations-on-Compa...

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
CBurdelik

SOLVE

Kristen -

It would be super helpful to link objects between deal & company.

For example, I need to see which email provider a prospect uses, and whether or not they use Slack. 

This is of course at the company level, but the deal information is at the deal level. I'd like to see them all in the deal view while keeping the objects at the proper level (company) without having to do redundant work.

This seems relatievly straightforward and probably a common ask...any suggestions on how to do this in an automated fashion?

Thanks!