CRM

CarlHalesDavies
Participant

Link Contacts (Married/Etc)

Résolue

Hi all, I am very new to Hubspot

We are a dance company using hubspot tokeep track of our student details and prefrences.

So far I am just creating a form to collect my students data.

My aim is to then put them into list of class locations they attend.

But my questions is:

Can I link 2 or more contacts together. For instance if I have a married couple attending. Can I link those 2 contact details together and say they are married.

This would be handy as some classes we run are couples only. So would make it easier when searching through all our students who to contact.

Hope this makes sense

Thanks

0 Votes
1 Solution acceptée
karstenkoehler
Solution
Au panthéon de la communauté | Partenaire solutions

Résolue

Hi @CarlHalesDavies,

HubSpot doesn't support associating objects of the same type, in this case: associating contacts with contacts.

There is a workaround for this which in your situation – I think – comes with a lot of advantages. You can create custom properties and filter your contacts by the values of those properties.

Participating as (multiple checkbox): individual, partner, formation

Experience (radio select): beginner, intermediate, advanced

Preferred style (multiple checkbox): standard/smooth, latin/rhythm

(You can either capture this information through additional form fields or edit it manually on a contact record.)

Once you have the data, you can create lists of contacts who want to participate as an individual, on a beginner level in a latin/rhythm course, for example. Or, your example: a recipient list of dancers who're joining as a couple.

Another benefit of this solution: you don't have to rely on the sign-up of both individuals. Even if only one of two partners is in the system and labeled correctly, you will be able to send them the correct information.

List building is explained here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/lists/create-active-or-static-lists

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

4 Réponses
StefaniUAT
Conseiller clé

Résolue

Hi @CarlHalesDavies,

@karstenkoehler is completely correct. His way will help you identify which are couples. I would also suggest associating contacts via deals if you use deals. You can add 2 or more contacts to one deal and this is the best way to actually associate the couples together. If you use couples as a property, you won't easily be able to see which two records make one couple. Associating the two contacts via deals will help you with reporting and possible further segmentation for emails and communication down the line. 

Best,
Stefani Johnson
Defect and Database Administrator
University of Advancing Technology
uat.edu I Earn Tech Respect
CarlHalesDavies
Participant

Résolue

Thank you very much, that helps allot. I shall do some more research from the links you have provided.

Appreciate the help 🙂

karstenkoehler
Solution

Résolue

Hi @CarlHalesDavies,

HubSpot doesn't support associating objects of the same type, in this case: associating contacts with contacts.

There is a workaround for this which in your situation – I think – comes with a lot of advantages. You can create custom properties and filter your contacts by the values of those properties.

Participating as (multiple checkbox): individual, partner, formation

Experience (radio select): beginner, intermediate, advanced

Preferred style (multiple checkbox): standard/smooth, latin/rhythm

(You can either capture this information through additional form fields or edit it manually on a contact record.)

Once you have the data, you can create lists of contacts who want to participate as an individual, on a beginner level in a latin/rhythm course, for example. Or, your example: a recipient list of dancers who're joining as a couple.

Another benefit of this solution: you don't have to rely on the sign-up of both individuals. Even if only one of two partners is in the system and labeled correctly, you will be able to send them the correct information.

List building is explained here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/lists/create-active-or-static-lists

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

carlosborjas
Membre

Résolue

Good day,

Honestly speaking, it's the only thing that will probable make me dessist from purchasing this app for my team. It is very important to link records when you work on social networking.

On the other hand, people can work or be related to different companies is natural, sin someone can be employee in one company and be part time in other. Or maybe be owner of two different businesses?

This lack of functionallity is unbeliavable being this app so potent form the social point of view.