CRM

SNasonov
Participant

Line items reporting

SOLVE

Hi Community,

Is there a way to report on revenue inflows based on Line Product.

In line product I have service A with start/end billing date.

Start date 01.01.2023

End date 01.12.2023

Payment frequenct - monthly.

Monthly amounty - $1.000

Can I do a VIZ on these flows? So chart will show monthly flows for this serivce during the year?
I image line or bar chart showing this 1k on each month until billing end date comes.

1 Accepted solution
NicoleSengers
Solution
Guide | Elite Partner
Guide | Elite Partner

Line items reporting

SOLVE

Hi @SNasonov 

From what you are asking it sounds like you want to use the Recurring Revenue Report to show actual monthly recurring revenue for all your deals. The report is available for Sales and Service Enterprise accounts but isn't available on Professional so this may be why you cant access it.

The Recurring revenue report shows new revenue, recurring revenue and lost revenue:

Screenshot 2023-02-21 at 13.53.01.png

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution

Kind regards,
Nicole Sengers

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
NicoleSengers
Guide | Elite Partner
Guide | Elite Partner

Line items reporting

SOLVE

Hi @TuMa 

The Recurring revenue report shows the monthly recurring amounts over a specific time period in a way that OOTB or without some kind of hack you couldn't really replicate exactly. You can do a report on a particular date - so showing the start date for revenue and end dates but to see the monthly recurring values - but these would be separate reports.

I have seen people use a separate deal pipeline for recurring revenue. They then create a new deal for recurring projects and delete it when the recurring income ends. So the total pipeline always shows the recurring total (MRR). This is quite manual and requires a close eye on that recurring pipeline though.

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution

Kind regards,
Nicole Sengers
TuMa
Contributor

Line items reporting

SOLVE

Hi @NicoleSengers ,

Thank you for your quick answer, but this is not adressing our issue.

Let me try to clarify our issue more specifically.

We have a mixed bag of revenue models, including:
- one-off revenues, that can be upfront, invoiced in the following 30 days, or invoiced at a later point in time
- recurring revenues, which can be monthly or quarterly.

We generally have this mix for every single deal, or we have deals which have only one-offs or only recurring. Hence, we have found that we can add these revenues as 'Custom Line Items' in HubSpot -> which is very helpful as we can be precise in the type of revenue + date at which the invoicing occurs.

However, the Dashboard Sales Opportunity overview -> 'deal stage revenue weighted' view (e.g. we have set it up as showing revenue projections from today until end of next year) -> picks up only the revenues as being the total deal amount at the closing date, and this makes revenue projections highly innacurate (timing wise), whereas we would like a view that shows the revenues when it will be actually realized.

Are you aware of how we can set-up a view in the Dashboards which can show the revenue projection in a similar manner, however, that source the revenue data from the line items revenues that we set-up per deal, with their respective amounts and respective dates, instead of the total amount at closing date?

0 Upvotes
ZRoberts4
Participant

Line items reporting

SOLVE

We have the same issue, and unfortunately the recurring revenue tool is just not great. It has far too many restrictions for most subscription-based SaaS companies to effectively use. I'm hoping they either reconstruct it or add the ability to report on monthly subscriptions in basic reporting/dashboards.

0 Upvotes
NicoleSengers
Solution
Guide | Elite Partner
Guide | Elite Partner

Line items reporting

SOLVE

Hi @SNasonov 

From what you are asking it sounds like you want to use the Recurring Revenue Report to show actual monthly recurring revenue for all your deals. The report is available for Sales and Service Enterprise accounts but isn't available on Professional so this may be why you cant access it.

The Recurring revenue report shows new revenue, recurring revenue and lost revenue:

Screenshot 2023-02-21 at 13.53.01.png

Kind regards,
Nicole Sengers
TuMa
Contributor

Line items reporting

SOLVE

Hi Nicole, 

I am reverting for the same topic. 

Is there any way with the HS Professional licence, in the revenue forecast OR in the sales dashboard, to recognize revenue by using the line items function i.e. customize revenue for each deal, with specific amounts and specific dates?

Thank you.

0 Upvotes
MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

Line items reporting

SOLVE

Thanks for your comment @TuMa

I wanted to ask @NicoleSengers@Alex_Elborn, and @EwaWard if they have any ideas/tips how @TuMa could approach this task with a Professional subscription? 

Thank you!

Cheers
Mia, Community Team

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

Line items reporting

SOLVE

Hi @SNasonov,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

I wanted to tag in a couple of subject matter experts to see if they have any input on this matter:

Hi @ChrisoKlepke@Josh@NicoleSengers, do you have any advice for @SNasonov? Thank you!

Cheers
Mia, Community Team     

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings