CRM

PWatts0

Line items in workflows

SOLVE

I need a workflow that does the following -

When a deal is closed won is "true", the workflow sends and interal email notification to the deal owner with a list of ALL line items associated with the deal. 

I've created a workflow that when a deal is closed won it sends an email to deal owner.. The problem is nothing in this tells the workflow what I want to happen.  I've attempted a work around... Its to insert the data into the body of the email it sends. When I select the line item data source I have to "refine which line item to access" By activity is the only option. The next box is "select the record based on" options there are most recently updated, most recently created and first created... There is no where to select ALL line items associated with the deal.  

The functionality of Line Items appears to very silo'd, limited and non functional with the rest of HubSpot. There isn't even a lable for workflows in this community. Please help.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
HubSpot_Corey
Solution
Top Contributor

Line items in workflows

SOLVE

Hi @PWatts0 ,

Due to how Line items are currently structure in HubSpot and workflows, this will indeed require a workaround. The simplicity of this workaround will be dependant upon how your HubSpot is setup, your subscription type and tier, as well as the level of your experience.

The ultimate goal is to get the list of associated products/line items into the workflow so that it can be used in the flow. This can be done in one of two ways. The first one is the easiest but most time consuming option that gets harder the more products you currently work with.

You will need to create a workflow that stores the line items on the deal level so that you can access the information in the flow. To do this, I suggest creating a multi-select property on the deal level, for example sake, let's call it 'Associated Products', you will then need to recreate each product in your product library here. 

Then create a flow with the enrollment trigger: Number of Associated Line Items is Known or number of associated line items is greater than 0. You will also need to turn re-enrollment on so that every time it's updated, it's re-enrolled.

Then, create a branch and for each product, create a branch with the

filter:

Deal is associated to: Any Line Item

And associated Line Item has all of: Name is equal to any of: [Enter your devices name].

This should then be followed by the actions:

1. Set Property Value: [Multi-select Property Create Before] and append to current value the name of the filtered device
  2. Go to action: Next branched device.

HubSpot_Corey_0-1713172394312.png

Continue this for each branch. The reason we need the go to next action is because the workflow checks one branch at a time and only does the first branch that met the criteria and then stops. The goto next action will force it to also check the next device and so on. 

You now have a field on the deal level you can use to send emails.

The other option requires coding and API knowledge but is a lot more flexible, if you require any guidance or help with this option, let me know. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
HubSpot_Corey
Solution
Top Contributor

Line items in workflows

SOLVE

Hi @PWatts0 ,

Due to how Line items are currently structure in HubSpot and workflows, this will indeed require a workaround. The simplicity of this workaround will be dependant upon how your HubSpot is setup, your subscription type and tier, as well as the level of your experience.

The ultimate goal is to get the list of associated products/line items into the workflow so that it can be used in the flow. This can be done in one of two ways. The first one is the easiest but most time consuming option that gets harder the more products you currently work with.

You will need to create a workflow that stores the line items on the deal level so that you can access the information in the flow. To do this, I suggest creating a multi-select property on the deal level, for example sake, let's call it 'Associated Products', you will then need to recreate each product in your product library here. 

Then create a flow with the enrollment trigger: Number of Associated Line Items is Known or number of associated line items is greater than 0. You will also need to turn re-enrollment on so that every time it's updated, it's re-enrolled.

Then, create a branch and for each product, create a branch with the

filter:

Deal is associated to: Any Line Item

And associated Line Item has all of: Name is equal to any of: [Enter your devices name].

This should then be followed by the actions:

1. Set Property Value: [Multi-select Property Create Before] and append to current value the name of the filtered device
  2. Go to action: Next branched device.

HubSpot_Corey_0-1713172394312.png

Continue this for each branch. The reason we need the go to next action is because the workflow checks one branch at a time and only does the first branch that met the criteria and then stops. The goto next action will force it to also check the next device and so on. 

You now have a field on the deal level you can use to send emails.

The other option requires coding and API knowledge but is a lot more flexible, if you require any guidance or help with this option, let me know. 

BérangèreL
Community Manager
Community Manager

Line items in workflows

SOLVE

Hi @PWatts0, I hope that you are well!

Great work in starting the workflow and thank you for asking the Community about this!

I'd like to ask a couple of subject matter experts to this conversation: Hi @karstenkoehler, @Humashankar and @LouiseHare can you think of ways to get all the line item information added into an internal notification in a workflow to help @PWatts0, please?

Also, if anybody else has anything to add and/or share, please feel free to join in the conversation 🙂

Thank you very much and have a wonderful day!

Best,
Bérangère

Saviez-vous que la Communauté est disponible en Français ?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings!

0 Upvotes
Humashankar
Top Contributor

Line items in workflows

SOLVE

Hi @BérangèreL - Thanks for adding in to this problem statement and definelty it is intersting (associating products and line items with workflows in HubSpot) to discuss and find the possible breakdown - Let me also particiapte and add value out here.

Regards

Humashankar VJ
HubSpot Community Champion and enthusiast | Engineering Manager