CRM

Carly_Farlow
Contributor

Line Item Implementation & Renewals

SOLVE

Hey HubSpot Community!

We are looking to implement line items possibly. I would love to talk to a fellow HubSpot Admin who has already done this and get any tips/learnings from doing so. I'd also love to learn how you track renewals using line items, if possible.

We also use SaaSOptics and are currently in the implementation phase with ChurnZero. Anyone who uses one or both of those integrations would also be a plus. 

1 Accepted solution
Dan1
Solution
Guide

SOLVE

Hi @Carly_Farlow , this is very cool timing, as we are in the process of implementing line items for the same reason on our account over the next couple of weeks. I will get in touch once we get stuck into it, as we may be able to learn from each other as we go 🙂 

Speak soon, 

Dan Currin 

Co-Founder 

OrgChartHub & GeoMapper named in the Top 30 HubSpot Apps 

Dan1_0-1606235773870.png

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8
KConradKBX
Participant

SOLVE

Hi all, looking for the same thing here at another start-up. Would love to get a conversation going if you're all still going through the paces of it.  We will soon have renewals and we also have milestone-based contracts where I'm looking to figure out if separate deals should be created to track whether those milestones occur and are paid.

0 Upvotes
Carly_Farlow
Contributor

SOLVE

I have not, unfortunately. 

0 Upvotes
GuthDenno
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Guys, @Carly_Farlow @VLincoln @Dan1 

did you have any joy with auto-adding the line items on the renewal pipelines? 

i was able to auto create a deal using the workflows but am struggling to include the line items. 

any advice would be very much appreciated.

many thanks,

Guthrie 

VLincoln

SOLVE

Hi Carly,

I'm on the hunt for information on this too, I work as the CSM at a start-up and we are about to land our first subscription deal so I'm busy setting up processes ahead of this happening.  I've created a renewals deal pipeline, but I want to find a way to set up workflows based on the line item start date and term to help with remembering when we need to be doing things, or to trigger emails to go out X months before renewal is due etc.  How did you get on with this?  Would love to hear from you or anyone else who has dealt with this sort of thing.

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
Dan1
Guide

SOLVE

Hi @Carly_Farlow , we have had the chance to play around a little more with line items on our renewal pipeline, it would be cool to share our learnings. I'll drop you a message with my email address, speak soon. 

Carly_Farlow
Contributor

SOLVE

Awesome. Very cool indeed. Look forward to hearing how it goes for you! I would love to learn with someone on this. It feels big, doesn't it?! We've decided to do a slow entry. We're testing 3-5 deals in the sales cycle and 3-5 renewals and make sure it doesn't break anything. 

0 Upvotes
Dan1
Solution
Guide

SOLVE

Hi @Carly_Farlow , this is very cool timing, as we are in the process of implementing line items for the same reason on our account over the next couple of weeks. I will get in touch once we get stuck into it, as we may be able to learn from each other as we go 🙂 

Speak soon, 

Dan Currin 

Co-Founder 

OrgChartHub & GeoMapper named in the Top 30 HubSpot Apps 

Dan1_0-1606235773870.png
sharonlicari
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @Carly_Farlow 

Thank you for reaching out!

I've found these two threads on the Community that might be useful- This one a few experts have shared their thoughts and in this one @Dan1 and @louischausse have shared some tips. 

I'll also tag a few experts to join the conversation.

Hey @tjoyce @Josh any suggestions?

Thanks

Sharon

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !