CRM

jed
Participant

Limiting range of deals included in Total Revenue

Résolue

Hi there. I use the Total Revenue property as a column on my contact list so I can sort by it to prioritize my work. Thing is, I need to limit this to deals closed in the last 24 months so I'm not pursuing lapsed customers. 

I suppose we could accomplish this by manually deleting deals after 24 months, but there must be a better way. I'm using the free version now but I'm willing to upgrade if there are features I'm missing that would accomplish this in paid versions.

0 Votes
1 Solution acceptée
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Leader d'opinion

Résolue

2000px-Ok_sign_font_awesomeDoes my post help answer your question?

Help the Community by marking it as SOLVED

Q: Limiting range of deals included in Total Revenue

Short A: Filter by Recent Deal Close Date (see image)

hubspot-crm-view-filter-recent-deal-close-date.png 

Longer A:

Internally, we've historically only tracked INITIAL deals in HubSpot since revenue is tracked in another system. That being said, the recent addition of HubSpot Products and HubSpot Custom Quotes is making the tool more and more attractive every day.

Honestly can't think of any scenario where "deleting [closed won] deals" is a good idea. haha

Good luck on your project.

Best,

Frank

share-on-Linkedin-Button-75x19.png 

hubspot-forum-signature-badge-v01.png

www.MFrankJohnson.com

Please include @MFrankJohnson in your message if you'd like me to reply.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

3 Réponses
MFrankJohnson
Solution
Leader d'opinion

Résolue

2000px-Ok_sign_font_awesomeDoes my post help answer your question?

Help the Community by marking it as SOLVED

Q: Limiting range of deals included in Total Revenue

Short A: Filter by Recent Deal Close Date (see image)

hubspot-crm-view-filter-recent-deal-close-date.png 

Longer A:

Internally, we've historically only tracked INITIAL deals in HubSpot since revenue is tracked in another system. That being said, the recent addition of HubSpot Products and HubSpot Custom Quotes is making the tool more and more attractive every day.

Honestly can't think of any scenario where "deleting [closed won] deals" is a good idea. haha

Good luck on your project.

Best,

Frank

share-on-Linkedin-Button-75x19.png 

hubspot-forum-signature-badge-v01.png

www.MFrankJohnson.com

Please include @MFrankJohnson in your message if you'd like me to reply.

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
jed
Participant

Résolue

@MFJLabs Thank you, Frank. I've been playing with this and it's very useful. 

However, it seems like Total Revenue is lifetime revenue for the contact no matter what. Adding a 'Recent deal close date' can limit the list, but it does not limit the deals included in the Total Revenue calculation. 

You can see in the sample I've attached here that the filter modifies the list, but not the Total Revenue amount.

I actually like this - seeing lifetime revenue of my most active contacts, but I'd also like to see revenue limited to, say, the last 12 or 24 months. Do you have any idea how I might accomplish this in HubSpot?

Thanks again for lending your expertise!

sample.png

Kjappenzeller
Participant

Résolue

I agree. I really need to be able to see year over year revenue by company. I sell sponsorships annually and this is a gap in HubSpot's capability for me.