CRM

JoshAtMNCEE
投稿者

Limiting Salesforce sync of Accounts to imported Contacts

解決

Hi, new org just setting up Hubspot. I've looked thru a bunch of previous helpful posts like https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Marketing-Integrations/How-much-of-Salesforce-to-Import-if-I-intend..., but haven't found answer to my specific problem.

I imported a Salesforce campaign's worth of contacts to Hubspot. I had sync turned on for accounts and opportunities, so those records related to the contacts imported as well. I set the sync to "Don't automatically create Hubspot contacts" until we get workflows set up. I thought that would prevent Salesforce objects not in that original campaign from syncing to Hubspot.

Now I see that Hubspot is creating thousands of companies and deals without contacts, probably from any new or updated accounts or opportunities in Salesforce. 

I can mass-delete those from Hubspot with a report of accounts without contacts. And I can turn off syncing for accounts and opportunities. But once I turn on "Create a Hubspot contact when a Salesforce contact is created", won't I need to turn account and opportunity sync on, and will the same thing happen?

0 いいね!
1件の承認済みベストアンサー
Phil_Vallender
解決策
最優秀メンバー | Diamond Partner

解決

Hi @JoshAtMNCEE 

Ok, so this appears to have changed with the introduction of two-way company sync last year: [Now Live] Bi-directional Sync for Salesforce Accounts and HubSpot Companies

The syncing of companies from Salesforce to HubSpot appears to no longer be limited by contact association. I created an account with no contacts in my test Salesforce and it got created in my test HubSpot portal straight away.

HubSpot doesn't charge for companies in the database, only contacts, so there is no issue there. But it does lead to more accounts than you might want/expect in the portal. 

There's no option to control this behaviour at a more granular level as yet. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

元の投稿で解決策を見る

5件の返信
EAGMark
投稿者

解決

Hey Josh,

Did you ever find a good work around for this issue. I don't want Hubspot accessing the accounts that don't have an associated contact. I used to like the Hubspot Company sync because it would pull over unique data if the company had a website, but my API calls are through the roof, so I'm forced to keep deleting accounts or turn off the company sync. As far as I know, selective sync is limited to contacts.

0 いいね!
JoshAtMNCEE
投稿者

解決

Note to inexperienced users: if you delete Accounts in Hubspot, it doesn't delete the Account in Salesforce, but it does clear Opportunity.AccountId in any opportunities that are also autosynced. 😞

Phil_Vallender
解決策

解決

Hi @JoshAtMNCEE 

Ok, so this appears to have changed with the introduction of two-way company sync last year: [Now Live] Bi-directional Sync for Salesforce Accounts and HubSpot Companies

The syncing of companies from Salesforce to HubSpot appears to no longer be limited by contact association. I created an account with no contacts in my test Salesforce and it got created in my test HubSpot portal straight away.

HubSpot doesn't charge for companies in the database, only contacts, so there is no issue there. But it does lead to more accounts than you might want/expect in the portal. 

There's no option to control this behaviour at a more granular level as yet. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency
ChrisLuce
メンバー

解決

But what if we want to synch Salesforce companies with Hubspot companies, but we have our set up with Hubspot creating lead records in Salesforce, not contact records?  This would solve  lead to account mapping and enable account creation without an associated contact in Salesforce.  

0 いいね!
JoshAtMNCEE
投稿者

解決

That helps, thanks @Phil_Vallender . What I'm worried about is, once I turn on Salesforce Contacts create Hubspot Contacts, that will happen for all contacts that are updated in Salesforce--not just created. I had planned on working with current customers and two years' worth of new customers in Hubspot--fitting under our 15,000 limit. But if I make a mass update to historical contacts, such as adding a field, will they all sync to Hubspot, blowing way past my limit? Then I would have to make them all unmarketable in Hubspot.

0 いいね!