CRM

DavidVoigt
トップ投稿者 | Diamond Partner
トップ投稿者 | Diamond Partner

Lifecycle stages renamed without prompting

Hi there,

the other day I was adding a custom lifecycle stage. Suddenly all the other stages have German names. This affects all users regardless of their set backend language. Expected result: no other Lifecycle stage names should have been even touched since I did not change them.

My suspicion is that it has something to do with the fact that I was logged in with German interface language setting. But if that's the reason, I would consider this a bug. Interface is interface and should only affect me.

left: english, right, germanleft: english, right, germanScreenshot: the labels don't switch back after setting language back to English.

0 いいね!
5件の返信
karstenkoehler
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner

Hi @DavidVoigt,

This is purely cosmetic and only affects you. If you change your HubSpot user language back to English, it's all back to normal. This is expected behavior in HubSpot.

As far as I know, it's not possible to change the user language and see default property labels in English still.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

DavidVoigt
トップ投稿者 | Diamond Partner
トップ投稿者 | Diamond Partner

Hi Karsten,

thank you for your quick reply. But, have you actually tested this?

You're describing the expected behaviour, i.e. how it should work. But that's not what happened. See my screenshot in the OP. The moment you add one stage, you rename them all based on your user's language setting.

0 いいね!
karstenkoehler
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner

Hi @DavidVoigt, what happens when you change your user language back to English?

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 いいね!
DavidVoigt
トップ投稿者 | Diamond Partner
トップ投稿者 | Diamond Partner

Hi Karsten,

thank you for trying to help me 😄
The labels did not switch back, which is what prompted me to write the OP. As you can see in the screenshot my backend language is English, but the labels have not switched back. And, it's been a while, I have waited for the new language to "settle".

The customer would not have reported this to me if it only affected me.

0 いいね!
karstenkoehler
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner
殿堂入り | Solutions Partner

Hi @DavidVoigt,

Gotcha, thank you. In this case I'd simply recommend going through HubSpot support, this could be a bug. Custom lifecycle stages are still a comparably young feature.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler