CRM

shiri
Participant

Lifecycle changed by a workflow - can we revert?

SOLVE

Hi,

Our data got severely skewed - would appreciate any advice!

We enrolled many leads in a workflow that updated their lifecycle stage to Sales Qualified Leads. Thing is that many of these leads were already in SQL stage, and now the "re-update" they've gone through makes them appear in our reporting as newly generated SQLs - when in fact they've been this way for a very long time.

I know exactly what contacts this is about, and would love to delete this from their records - thing is, I do want them to show they've turned into SQL - but just to keep it at the original time it happened, and now showing the timestamp of our faulty workflow.

Makes sense?

I know how to enroll them into a workflow that would clearup the data - but I don't want it to disappear entirely; rather, I want the very last logline of them turning into SQL to disappear, and keep only the 1st time they were updated to this stage.

HELP!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hello @shiri,

Are you referring to the Became a sales qualified lead date property? This property should not update if a contact is already a SQL. (I just tested and confirmed this behavior in a test portal.) If a contact is already a SQL and a workflow sets the Lifecycle stage to SQL again, the Became a sales qualified lead date value will not update. See the below time stamp whose Lifecycle stage I updated manually and via workflow (I tested the value "Lead" but the behavior is the same for any Lifecycle stage.)

karstenkoehler_0-1619682019060.png

The contacts updated by your workflow should still have their original Became a sales qualified lead date value. Could you double check?

If you're experiencing something else, could you share a screenshot of the property history ("View property history" in the left sidebar of the contact) and the log entry of the update in the workfow? (Please pixelate all confidential information.)

If you have your own custom property to keep track of this date, you could follow this tutorial to revert the value in that property. (Reverting the value in the Became a ... date is not possible. These properties can be cleared by clearing the Lifecycle stage and setting it to an earlier stage, explained here. However, they cannot be set to an earlier date.)

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hello @shiri,

Are you referring to the Became a sales qualified lead date property? This property should not update if a contact is already a SQL. (I just tested and confirmed this behavior in a test portal.) If a contact is already a SQL and a workflow sets the Lifecycle stage to SQL again, the Became a sales qualified lead date value will not update. See the below time stamp whose Lifecycle stage I updated manually and via workflow (I tested the value "Lead" but the behavior is the same for any Lifecycle stage.)

karstenkoehler_0-1619682019060.png

The contacts updated by your workflow should still have their original Became a sales qualified lead date value. Could you double check?

If you're experiencing something else, could you share a screenshot of the property history ("View property history" in the left sidebar of the contact) and the log entry of the update in the workfow? (Please pixelate all confidential information.)

If you have your own custom property to keep track of this date, you could follow this tutorial to revert the value in that property. (Reverting the value in the Became a ... date is not possible. These properties can be cleared by clearing the Lifecycle stage and setting it to an earlier stage, explained here. However, they cannot be set to an earlier date.)

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

PMontoya
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Karsten, 

I had a similar issue. I updated the lifecycle of over 6,000 statuses to opportunities, and I was able to correct their lifecycle status manually. The problem is that once I create a report, the information is skewed because if I filtered by became an opportunity this month, they would all show up. 

Is there a way to remove from the contact's history that this lifecycle stage was updated? 

0 Upvotes