CRM

SteffiK
Participante

Lifecycle Stage for Ex-Customers

resolver

Hello it would be great if there is a lifecycle stage for "Ex-Customers". I read a lot of posts in the community that people are struggling with this, so it would be great if there would be a new lifecycle stage added.

Kind regards

Stefanie 

1 Solução aceita
NSantana6
Solução
Participante

resolver

Lifecycle stages are progressive toward a desirable goal. Any stage in the funnel has a next stage that you want to graduate your leads up toward. Ex-customer doesn't fit in this paradigm. If an ex-customer has actionable potential to be put back into the lifecycle stage, they should be reintroduced at an earlier lifecycle stage, even as early as "Subscriber". Marking them as contact "type" "former customer" or company "type" "former customer" is an easy and effective way to keep track of them. If there is no chance of getting the record back into business (never say never!) then they shouldn't be in your lifecycle stages at all. 

Exibir solução no post original

0 Avaliação positiva
5 Respostas 5
NSantana6
Solução
Participante

resolver

Lifecycle stages are progressive toward a desirable goal. Any stage in the funnel has a next stage that you want to graduate your leads up toward. Ex-customer doesn't fit in this paradigm. If an ex-customer has actionable potential to be put back into the lifecycle stage, they should be reintroduced at an earlier lifecycle stage, even as early as "Subscriber". Marking them as contact "type" "former customer" or company "type" "former customer" is an easy and effective way to keep track of them. If there is no chance of getting the record back into business (never say never!) then they shouldn't be in your lifecycle stages at all. 

0 Avaliação positiva
PLICM
Participante

resolver

We too would be pleased to have a new Lifecycle Stage Ex-customer. It would make our work easier. Admittedly, we have only rarely had cancellations so far, so the manual effort is still justifiable. However, since we are clearly starting to grow, the number will probably increase and with it the effort.

0 Avaliação positiva
SNigam
Conselheiro(a) de destaque

resolver
Thanks @SteffiK for appreciation but I think there are lots of customers of HubSpot now and everyone have different thoughts so they have different requirements according to their business. But, HubSpot provides us kind a base model of CRM so they included commonly used things which support by almost all businesses but yes I agreed with your request that in every business have something like ex-customers so for that purpose HubSpot should add this option also but at same time I will HubSpot also because for these exceptions only HubSpot overcomes this with facilities to create your own custom properties so we should use them.
0 Avaliação positiva
SNigam
Conselheiro(a) de destaque

resolver

Hello @SteffiK ,

I understand your query, So in HubSpot we can not modify that Lifecycle stage property so in this case I would suggest to create custom property similar to Lifecycle stage property and in this property you can add one more stage and yes I knew that your next question would be, what about existing customer's lifecycle stage values. So for this I would suggest is export all contacts with Lifecycle stage property in xlsx format and then you just need to change/replace the coulmn name of Lifecycle stage with your newly created custom property and then at alst you just need to import this file again so now for existing contacts you have values in new custom property and now you can use everywhere this new property. 

I hope this will help you. If you found this helpful please mark this as solution.

Thank you

0 Avaliação positiva
SteffiK
Participante

resolver

Hello, thank you very much for your suggestions. We already did it this way. But it was a general suggestion for HubSpot to establish a new lifecycle stage that is for ex-customers :). So please upvote if you also want this to be recognised.