CRM

smarcher18
Colaborador

Lifecycle Stage Sync - Company Hierarchy

resolver

Does lifecycle stage sync interact with company hierachy? We build company hierachies with parent child relationships for complex organizations. We also have lifecycle stage sync enabled between company records and contact records. Does anyone know how these two functionalities interact -- will my child company's associated contacts sync lifecycle stage to the parent company's lifecycle stage?

0 Me gusta
1 Soluciones aceptada
bradmin
Solución
Asesor destacado

resolver

Hi, @smarcher18. There aren't any HubSpot properties with a relationship data type, so the functionality you're talking about wouldn't work natively. HubSpot will maintain contact-company associations when the functionality is enabled, but it doesn't understand parent company-child company associations, as that's not something built into the schema. 

You mentioned you're building these company hierarchies. Is it through an external integration, like Salesforce? If you're specifically using that integration, you can map the Lifecycle Stage property to Salesforce, then set up automation which sets the intended value. (Alternately, if this is required on a manual basis, you can enroll contacts or companies in HubSpot workflows from the HubSpot Intelligence Visualforce page on Salesforce contacts or accounts.)

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

0 Me gusta
5 Respuestas 5
MJ_Bergeron
Participante

resolver

Hello !

Have you done some tests yet ? Could you share with us the results as we are about to use the parent child feature, but I want to make sure that it works well before moving forward.

Thanks !

0 Me gusta
bradmin
Solución
Asesor destacado

resolver

Hi, @smarcher18. There aren't any HubSpot properties with a relationship data type, so the functionality you're talking about wouldn't work natively. HubSpot will maintain contact-company associations when the functionality is enabled, but it doesn't understand parent company-child company associations, as that's not something built into the schema. 

You mentioned you're building these company hierarchies. Is it through an external integration, like Salesforce? If you're specifically using that integration, you can map the Lifecycle Stage property to Salesforce, then set up automation which sets the intended value. (Alternately, if this is required on a manual basis, you can enroll contacts or companies in HubSpot workflows from the HubSpot Intelligence Visualforce page on Salesforce contacts or accounts.)

0 Me gusta
smarcher18
Colaborador

resolver

Hi @bradmin -- this is helpful; thanks! We're not using Salesforce at the moment; rather I'm manually associating parent/child Companies. I was concerned that a child Company's lifecycle stage would be overwritten by the parent Company's values, but based on your explanation and a bit of testing, this doesn't seem to be the case.

So no stress for us today, but will be interesting to see if/how this functionality evolves to support complex relationships.

0 Me gusta
bradmin
Asesor destacado

resolver

To clarify, the manual parent-child company associations you make in-app will hold up, but the lifecycle stage transitions shouldn't apply across the entire hierarchy. This article detailing the hierarchical relationship won't change the contact-company association in a hierarchy. I'm assuming that other kinds of native associations/value propagations, like lifecycle stage, don't apply. You may want to test to be on the safe side, but I'm nearly certain the lifecycle which applies at the child won't overwrite the parent, or vice versa. 

0 Me gusta
smarcher18
Colaborador

resolver

@bradmin --  cool. Did a bit of testing and your intuition checks out, so I will keep an eye on this and go from there!