CRM

galaxyweb

Lead status after a lead converted

SOLVE

After the lead has converted to a client (lifestage changed to "customer"), what "lead status" do you assign to that contact?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @galaxyweb,

HubSpot understands the Lead status as sub-phases of the SQL Lifecycle stage. In that sense, you could simply clear the property with a workflow once a contact transitions into a later Lifecycle stage.

There is however no one stopping you from continuing to use this property after the SQL stage, if you do have a purpose for it. I personally would find it a bit misleading.

Alternatively, you could also update the Lead status to the value "Customer" with a workflow, too. (Or introduce values for upselling, if that applies to your sales process.)

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
HubDoPete
Guide | Gold Partner
Guide | Gold Partner

SOLVE

Hi @galaxyweb 

It's a great question - and as @Anonymous and @webdew have pointed out - Lead Status is normally used to indicate the progress from lead to Opportunity. BDRs/SDRs use it to indicate MQL bad-fit or bad-timing and push the lead back to marketing or Sales use it to progress the SQL sub-stages to opportunity. 

What I recommend for this field once they are a customer, is for the upsell/cross-sell

Otherwise, once a contact is at the lifecycle stage of customer, how do you track progress for ongoing sales?

If there is no current cross-sell opportunity, then I like to set it to "Customer-Success" on the way to creating an evangelist.

Once an upsell/cross-sell opportunity appears, you can use lead status to progress a customer from "new" upsell/cross-sell to their 2nd, 3rd and more opportunities.

cheers

Pete

webdew
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @galaxyweb ,

if you have converted your lead into a client that means your deal is won and your lead status should beset to "won deal"

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regard.

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @galaxyweb,

HubSpot understands the Lead status as sub-phases of the SQL Lifecycle stage. In that sense, you could simply clear the property with a workflow once a contact transitions into a later Lifecycle stage.

There is however no one stopping you from continuing to use this property after the SQL stage, if you do have a purpose for it. I personally would find it a bit misleading.

Alternatively, you could also update the Lead status to the value "Customer" with a workflow, too. (Or introduce values for upselling, if that applies to your sales process.)

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @galaxyweb,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! 

I wanted to tag in a couple of subject matter experts to see if they have any input on this matter:

Hi @JonPayne@HubDoPete@jfreeman, do you have any tips regarding the property "Lead status" you can share with @galaxyweb? Thank you!

Cheers
Mia, Community Team   

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings