CRM

JEast
Mitglied

Lead source - Contact to Company

lösung

Hi, 

We're using a field called "Lead Source" under "Contacts" works well. The team upload leads from a source and tag them for example "Get leads.com"  

These leads are assgined to Sales rep A, the contacts automatically created a company if there is one and they are also asigned to that company. 

The issue is, say I move a bulk of 200 leads from "Get leads.com", from sales rep A to another Sales rep B. They appaear in Sales rep B's HS and they can see all 200 leads in their "Contacts" and are assigned the contact owner. 

However, Sales Rep A is still assigned as the company owner. Therefore Sales Rep B cannot edit or update the company as the Sales Team can only edit their own records. But read only everyones. 

1. How can I update the "Company Owner" when I transfer Contacts, between "Contact Owners"

2. Can I get the "Contact" field "Lead Source" mapped to the "Company" automatically to mirrior? 

0 Upvotes
1 Akzeptierte Lösung
karstenkoehler
Lösung
Berühmtheit | Partner
Berühmtheit | Partner

lösung

Hi @JEast,

Yes, this is possible but requires workflows that copies that owner of the contact also into the Company owner field. You would apply the same logic for the Lead source field. You can find an explanation of how to copy information from one object to another here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/CRM/Copy-Company-Info-to-Contact-BUT-only-when-property-to-map-is/m...

(You would have to figure out what should happen when there are different values for Lead source on contact and you only want one value on the company record.)

Without workflows ( = without a Professional subscription) this is currently not possible.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

1 Antwort
karstenkoehler
Lösung
Berühmtheit | Partner
Berühmtheit | Partner

lösung

Hi @JEast,

Yes, this is possible but requires workflows that copies that owner of the contact also into the Company owner field. You would apply the same logic for the Lead source field. You can find an explanation of how to copy information from one object to another here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/CRM/Copy-Company-Info-to-Contact-BUT-only-when-property-to-map-is/m...

(You would have to figure out what should happen when there are different values for Lead source on contact and you only want one value on the company record.)

Without workflows ( = without a Professional subscription) this is currently not possible.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.