CRM

ozzge
Participant

Lead Scroing vs. Company Scoring

SOLVE

Hello,

I tried to implement the default lead- HubSpot scoring property. 
Q1- Will it be possible to list the companies with the highest scoring if I score leads?

Q2 - If I score those leads with company properties and want to list companies. Does It count the total score of all contacts under that company?

Also I tried to implement Company Scoring however I realize that It is not working like Hubspot lead scoring, ex there is no test section.

Q3 - What should be the best practice for me if you consider all of those?

2 Accepted solutions
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ozzge,

@ozzge wrote:

Q1- Will it be possible to list the companies with the highest scoring if I score leads?

Yes, you could sort the contact index page (Menu > Contacts > Contacts), sort by the score column and then review the Company name column. Alternatively, you can use the custom report builder to create a cross-object report on companies and contacts.

@ozzge wrote:

Q2 - If I score those leads with company properties and want to list companies. Does It count the total score of all contacts under that company?

Just to confirm:

• You're setting up a contact score property.
  • That score references company properties.

If you then list the companies, it depends on what approach (see Q1 above) you choose. You can aggregate the score of the contacts below a company or simply sort contacts by score and then look at the company names that come up at the top. The latter would be by far the simplest option. Some company names might appear multiple times but it's still the fastest and easiest option.

@ozzge wrote:

That's a bit hard to say without having more context about what you're trying to achieve. Generally, once the score is calculated, you have multiple ways of analyzing it, sorting by it, creating reports based on it.

Let me now if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

HFisher7
Solution
Guide | Elite Partner
Guide | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hey @ozzge -

1. Absolutely, once your scoring property is built out and scoring the company records in your CRM, from the company index page you'll be able to add your scoring property as a column and then sort the data by companies from highest to lowest score. Instructions linked here. 

2. It is possible to create score properties for both the contact and company object in your HubSpot portal - instructions linked here. Or a contact calculation property that includes the sum totall score of all associated company records if that is your preference, instructions linked here

3. I found this HubSpot blog a useful resource for learning about scoring best practice: https://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/lead-scoring-instructions

Hannah Fisher
CRM Platform Consultant @ Elite HubSpot Partner BabelQuest
Unlock the potential of HubSpot

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
HFisher7
Solution
Guide | Elite Partner
Guide | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hey @ozzge -

1. Absolutely, once your scoring property is built out and scoring the company records in your CRM, from the company index page you'll be able to add your scoring property as a column and then sort the data by companies from highest to lowest score. Instructions linked here. 

2. It is possible to create score properties for both the contact and company object in your HubSpot portal - instructions linked here. Or a contact calculation property that includes the sum totall score of all associated company records if that is your preference, instructions linked here

3. I found this HubSpot blog a useful resource for learning about scoring best practice: https://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/lead-scoring-instructions

Hannah Fisher
CRM Platform Consultant @ Elite HubSpot Partner BabelQuest
Unlock the potential of HubSpot

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ozzge,

@ozzge wrote:

Yes, you could sort the contact index page (Menu > Contacts > Contacts), sort by the score column and then review the Company name column. Alternatively, you can use the custom report builder to create a cross-object report on companies and contacts.

@ozzge wrote:

Just to confirm:

• You're setting up a contact score property.
  • That score references company properties.

If you then list the companies, it depends on what approach (see Q1 above) you choose. You can aggregate the score of the contacts below a company or simply sort contacts by score and then look at the company names that come up at the top. The latter would be by far the simplest option. Some company names might appear multiple times but it's still the fastest and easiest option.

@ozzge wrote:

That's a bit hard to say without having more context about what you're trying to achieve. Generally, once the score is calculated, you have multiple ways of analyzing it, sorting by it, creating reports based on it.

Let me now if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.