CRM

ABolin
Participante

Lead Score for Deals

resolver

Our sales leadership would like to implement a scoring model at the Deal level.  The score would essentially indicate the health of a deal and help the deal owner prioritize actions that need to be taken. 

The criteria leadership has come up with include assigning points to meetings, calls, and non-marketing emails logged at the Deal level in addition to factoring in inactivity. I've included an example below. 

Have you set up this type of scoring before? Or is there another solution we can propose? 

Meeting 
Days InactivePoints
0-14 12
14-288
28-424
42+0
1 Solução aceita
karstenkoehler
Solução
Membro do Hall da Fama | Parceiro

Lead Score for Deals

resolver

Hi @ABolin,

Is the goal of this to easily see on a deal record how "healthy" that deal is?

A custom score property would be one solution, definitely. I'd recommend to define positive attributes as well (e.g. for making it to a certain deal stage) and to use inactivity for negative attributes. The deal property you would use to build this is probably Last activity date – alternatively Last contacted or Last modified date (definitions here).

As an alternative, you could also create a simpler health index, with a custom radio select property that has options like "Red" (more than two weeks of inactivity), "Yellow" (more than one week of inactivity), "Green" (less than one week of inactivity). These values could be assigned a deal-based workflow. They also make for very easy and intuitive filtering in deal views. In my opinion, "Yellow" would be easier to read than a score of 16, calculated from +20 for reaching the deal stage "Appointment scheduled" and -4 for being inactive for more than 15 days. (That's, I think, the biggest issue with score properties: Once they're calculated, they're a black box and it's not intuitively clear anymore, why that score is what it is.)

(If you're mainly looking into this for reporting, I'd work with the Last activity date and not use a score property as a proxy.)

It sounds like you already know how to set this up. If not, this knowledge base article is a great resource.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Exibir solução no post original

3 Respostas 3
ABolin
Participante

Lead Score for Deals

resolver

Thank you so much for your thorough response, @karstenkoehler! I also appreciate that you provided an alternative solution, which we are now pursuing. 

Best,

Ali

karstenkoehler
Solução

Lead Score for Deals

resolver

Hi @ABolin,

Is the goal of this to easily see on a deal record how "healthy" that deal is?

A custom score property would be one solution, definitely. I'd recommend to define positive attributes as well (e.g. for making it to a certain deal stage) and to use inactivity for negative attributes. The deal property you would use to build this is probably Last activity date – alternatively Last contacted or Last modified date (definitions here).

As an alternative, you could also create a simpler health index, with a custom radio select property that has options like "Red" (more than two weeks of inactivity), "Yellow" (more than one week of inactivity), "Green" (less than one week of inactivity). These values could be assigned a deal-based workflow. They also make for very easy and intuitive filtering in deal views. In my opinion, "Yellow" would be easier to read than a score of 16, calculated from +20 for reaching the deal stage "Appointment scheduled" and -4 for being inactive for more than 15 days. (That's, I think, the biggest issue with score properties: Once they're calculated, they're a black box and it's not intuitively clear anymore, why that score is what it is.)

(If you're mainly looking into this for reporting, I'd work with the Last activity date and not use a score property as a proxy.)

It sounds like you already know how to set this up. If not, this knowledge base article is a great resource.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

HTinkus
Participante

Lead Score for Deals

resolver

@karstenkoehler 

I was looking for an answer to a similar problem when I found this post, and this has been very useful. Thank you!

I was hoping to get some advice on setting up the deal based workflow to assign values to this health index property. What would be the best triggers for such a workflow? Or should it make sense to use schedule-type workflow here?