CRM

HGeorgiou
Participant

Late email from Hubspot on task highlights

I have the free version of hubspot,

Every day it sends me a highlight of my tasks

This is all well and good, but it is pointless if it is sent 3 hours after you log in and already begin and having completed the tasks since.

Any reason why this would be happening?

I have 18 tasks and I get this email which would have been relevant a few hours before but not when I get this email. It was sent to me around an hour ago the time now is 14:10 GMT+1 and it was sent at 13:00

What is causing this delay ?
I had 18 tasks when I received the email and already started working.

Not sure if the system is working with the USA EST and sending me an email at the 8am EST. Even so the task details are not correct.
Not sure if someone can help here.

I have blanked out the companies .

Screenshot of the email I get every day which is a few hours after I have already startedScreenshot of the email I get every day which is a few hours after I have already started

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
Jnix284
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

@HGeorgiou 

Hopefully, this helps shed some light on the timing, I did a little digging in my own account because I work in a different time zone from the rest of my team.

I get the email at 1 AM CT (U.S. Central time) and the portal I get them for is set to CET (Central European time) - which would be 8 AM CET.

It looks like the email is triggered at 8 AM based on the portal time zone.

I don't think you'll be able to resolve this unless you can change the time zone for your portal.

It is possible to turn off the digest if you'd rather not receive it:

daily-task-digest.png

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

HGeorgiou
Participant

Thanks for the quick response

I am replying from the email, so not sure if this is going to go on the
board.

If that is the case I am just wondering how to do that in the settings.

When I get a task reminder for the time that I set them GMT+! they are on
time so I am wondering if that would apply.

What are your thoughts?
Jnix284

@HGeorgiou 

Same - my task reminders are set for CT and come in on time, but the global emails are coming in CET.

I think this would be a great idea to add to the Ideas Discussion, from everything I can tell, HubSpot is not allowing the user to set their preference for time zone or delivery time for these global notifications.

Feel free to share the link to the idea and I'll upvote 🙂

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

HGeorgiou
Participant

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Receive-the-daily-email-for-the-global-tasks-of-the-d...

Here is the link for you to upvote, maybe let other users know about it too