CRM

bmv01
Participant

Last modified date updated

SOLVE

Hi ! 

I have just noticed that 100s of my deals have got an updated 'Last modified date' of 11th May / 13th May even though I did not work on those deals. 

Is there a bug in the system?

Thanks for a short confirmation.

Many thanks

Bindiya

1 Accepted solution
alexandrescu
Solution
Participant | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

I had a chat with HS Support. In a nuthsell, it's not us, it's them 🙂 Here's the log

I've had a look into the deal record that you've shared, and looking at the deal's property history, I can see that the 'Last modified date' was updated on 05/17/2022 1:22 AM GMT+8 despite no other deal property changes on the same date - screenshot attached

When checking the API data on the backend for this deal, I'm seeing that the cause of the 'Last modified date' property to be most recently updated was the "hs_analytics_latest_source_data_1" property. Details of the API logs below.

The 'Last modified date' property gets updated not only by edits that you or your clients make on the deal properties. Rather, this property will update when any property is updated on the deal, including when HubSpot backfills data points on properties that are not visible within the user interface.

These properties are new properties that are not yet exposed within the user interface of the HubSpot App and are actively being backfilled with data points to support when they are released. They are intended to be more defined versions of analytics data points for better data visibility on deals. However, because these are still "properties", the updates to them will cause the deal's last modified date to be updated.

We are aware of this issue and internally, we have a UX issue to track the pain points of how internal backfills can cause friction with how customers expect this property to be updated. However, this is not an easy change to make within the system, and is the current expected behaviour and not a bug.

If this post was relevant to your issue, please feel free to mark it as a solution!

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13
LauraYepes
Member | Diamond Partner
Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hello...

I've tested the "Last modified date" for companies as a trigger within a workflow and enabled the re-enrollment option so after any update on the company, some other properties are updated too.

Seems like the re-enrollment is not working as expected... Do you know what other property I can use to achieve that purpose?

LauraYepes_0-1657056278182.png

0 Upvotes
alexandrescu
Solution

SOLVE

I had a chat with HS Support. In a nuthsell, it's not us, it's them 🙂 Here's the log

I've had a look into the deal record that you've shared, and looking at the deal's property history, I can see that the 'Last modified date' was updated on 05/17/2022 1:22 AM GMT+8 despite no other deal property changes on the same date - screenshot attached

When checking the API data on the backend for this deal, I'm seeing that the cause of the 'Last modified date' property to be most recently updated was the "hs_analytics_latest_source_data_1" property. Details of the API logs below.

The 'Last modified date' property gets updated not only by edits that you or your clients make on the deal properties. Rather, this property will update when any property is updated on the deal, including when HubSpot backfills data points on properties that are not visible within the user interface.

These properties are new properties that are not yet exposed within the user interface of the HubSpot App and are actively being backfilled with data points to support when they are released. They are intended to be more defined versions of analytics data points for better data visibility on deals. However, because these are still "properties", the updates to them will cause the deal's last modified date to be updated.

We are aware of this issue and internally, we have a UX issue to track the pain points of how internal backfills can cause friction with how customers expect this property to be updated. However, this is not an easy change to make within the system, and is the current expected behaviour and not a bug.

If this post was relevant to your issue, please feel free to mark it as a solution!

kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Thanks for sharing this update, @alexandrescu

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
bmv01
Participant

SOLVE

another one .. which looks different 

bmv01_1-1652800928568.png

0 Upvotes
alexandrescu

SOLVE

Hi there. I have a client with a similar issue. The last modified date of the deals is exactly the same as the last modified date of the associated company. To be more specific, ALL the deals associated to a company have the same last modified date as the company, although no deal property was modified. This issue never appeared before. 

0 Upvotes
bmv01
Participant

SOLVE

Hi ... 

However, in my case,  I have not modified the company record or the deal record.. infact not even accessed  some of them for 2 years  .. and if you see, the updates are at very odd times as well.. 

0 Upvotes
bmv01
Participant

SOLVE

I have not openend this deal for a long time and all the 'Hubspot Calculation' updates seem to be self populated 

bmv01_0-1652800491165.png

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @bmv01,

The last modified date is the most recent date that any property on a deal was updated. Can you check the property history of an affected deal? https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/view-property-history#view-historical-values-for-all-propert...

This should provide clues as to which property was updated and why the modified date was refreshed.

Best regards

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

bmv01
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Karsten, 

Were you able to find the issue behind this auto update of 'Last modified date' Many thanks for letting me know. Best, Bindiya

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @bmv01,

Unfortunately I don't, no.

Best regards

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
bmv01
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Karsten, 

Thank you for your reply but I have not made any changes to the deals in qiuestion. 

Something strange has been happening on modified dates. Pls see below a screen shot. 

bmv01_0-1652797806012.png

Best regards

Bindiya

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @bmv01,

Can you please check the property history of an affected deal and share a screenshot of that history? https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/view-property-history#view-historical-values-for-all-propert...

Best regards 

Karsten Köhler

bmv01
Participant

SOLVE

bmv01_2-1652800954487.png

bmv01_3-1652800983121.png

0 Upvotes