CRM

groweco

Keeping track of multiple warehouses for a company

SOLVE

I am trying to associate a set of warehouses to a particular company. I'm not sure if I should just create new properties to Company or make it a new company.

Company ABC

may have 30 warehouses

Each warehouse I need to keep track of the following information

Physical Address

Size in sq feet

Type of warehouse (checkbox)

Services list (checkbox)

What are recommended ways to set this up in Hubspot?

BTW - I have the Startup Growth version of Hubspot so keeping within that package would be extremely beneficial.

1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @groweco 

Keeping within your current package, companies probably would be the easiest way forward. You could assoicate warehouse companies with their owner using the parent and child company relationship feature. The downside to this is that real companies and warehouses would be mingled in the same object. 

If you were to upgrade however, warehoues could be a good use case for the custom objects that HubSpot just announced. This would allow you to create a custom record type just for warehoues and create a one to many relationship between these and companies.

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @groweco 

Keeping within your current package, companies probably would be the easiest way forward. You could assoicate warehouse companies with their owner using the parent and child company relationship feature. The downside to this is that real companies and warehouses would be mingled in the same object. 

If you were to upgrade however, warehoues could be a good use case for the custom objects that HubSpot just announced. This would allow you to create a custom record type just for warehoues and create a one to many relationship between these and companies.

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency