CRM

ozzge
Participant

Keep Same property both under Deal and Company

SOLVE

There is a numeric property that we collect from our leads. Lets say "number of products that they want to buy"

Whenever an SQL is created our sales reps fill that field under the company. However, that numeric field could change any time from our sales reps. Also, we want to track that number under the Deal stages as well. But if we want to track we need to create it as a deal property too. But the problem is sales reps need to update the same properties under both company and deal.

So is it possible to create a property that both exists under Company and Deal? Or is it possible to create a workaround like if one property changed, update the other one too?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ozzge,

It is, in that case you would create a deal-based workflow that copies from deal to company.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
ozzge
Participant

SOLVE

But the latest updated field is under the Deal stage and it is not possible to copy from deal to company. Let me correct if I am wrong

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ozzge,

It is, in that case you would create a deal-based workflow that copies from deal to company.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @ozzge,

Currently, this can only be achieved with workflows. In workflows you can copy values from one object's property to another object's property. See the example below which copies the contact owner over into the company owner field:

karstenkoehler_0-1643362971353.png

The same logic applies to all other properties you'd like to keep in sync. Always make sure that re-enrollment is enabled, otherwise the copy action is not repeated when the value changes:

karstenkoehler_1-1643363033443.png

Without workflows, this is currently not possible. Other users have requested this in the HubSpot Ideas section and it's currently being reviewed. I'd recommend upvoting to follow the progress: Sync property values between Contact, Company and Deal Records

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes