CRM

JustinPerkinsC
Top Contributor

Job Title in Quotes

SOLVE

Has anyone found a place (I might be blindly missing this) where you can have staff adjust their job titles within HubSpot? The reason I ask is when generating quotes staff are not having Job Titles auto inserted. We are able to adjust these on a one-off basis when creating a quote, but not have it be something standard the system seems to know. 

It is a minor detail but I know one most people will likely miss and forget to fill in. 

Justin Perkins
Marketing Operations Manager
JPerkins@contractlogix.com
Contract LogixLinkedin
1 Accepted solution
jackcoldrick
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Job Title in Quotes

SOLVE

Hi @JustinPerkinsC,

The Job title is taken from the "job title" that was provided the last time a user created a quote. So if a new team member comes on board and creates a quote and inserts a job title that will be the default moving forward.

If they were to change it at any stage that would becoming the new default.

I hope this makes sense,

Jack

Jack Coldrick
Solutions Engineer @ HubSpot
Add me on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

15 Replies 15
RolandoFonseca

Job Title in Quotes

SOLVE

When generating the quote, on the third step labelled "Your Info," simply click on your name, and a right sidebar will instantly appear, allowing you to edit the job title.

MGranberg
Participant

Job Title in Quotes

SOLVE

Amazing! Thank you. I did think it would be ludicrous not to be able to change the title 🙂 

NParydukha
Participant

Job Title in Quotes

SOLVE

Thank you!

RolandoFonseca

Job Title in Quotes

SOLVE

You're welcome!

0 Upvotes
NParydukha
Participant

Job Title in Quotes

SOLVE

Hello, is the problem still there and it's not possible for a user to manage their job title just on the account settings level? @jackcoldrick 

JHebert
Contributor

Job Title in Quotes

SOLVE

NP,
Your question is very relevant. Without the ability to set an account level value for Job Title, this creates an unnecessary manual step. This is tedious, inefficient, and error-prone for a business that generates many quotes. I'd be satisfied with the ability to create a custom property that I could assign to this field on the quote template. 

I will add this to the new ideas/suggestions forum in hopes that it receives enough upvotes to make it into the HS backlog, perhaps even a near-term sprint.

0 Upvotes
DianaGomez
Community Manager
Community Manager

Job Title in Quotes

SOLVE

Hi @NParydukha, I hope you are doing well!

Since this is an old thread, I encourage you to create a new conversation, this way more users will be able to see it. Please make sure to add context, screenshots, and all the details you can.

Best,
Diana

¿Sabías que la Comunidad está disponible en Español?
¡Participa hoy en conversaciones en el idioma de tu preferencia,cambiando el idioma en tus configuraciones!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

NParydukha
Participant

Job Title in Quotes

SOLVE

Hello @DianaGomez 
I don't understand why I should do this if people find this when they search for the same problem? Moreover, there is another comment from 2023. Looks like it's still unanswered.

DianaGomez
Community Manager
Community Manager

Job Title in Quotes

SOLVE

Hi @NParydukha,

What you say make sense, however, when you have a question about the same topic, but it's not exactly the same doubt or the thread is really old, we recommend creating a new conversation, with more details, context, etc., because it will grab the attention of all the users in the community being one of the latest questions. This doesn't happen with old threads since only if someone is specifically looking for that, they can go and see it, or the people that already commented will see it, but as I said it will be seen by less users 🙂

Hope this clarifies,

Diana

¿Sabías que la Comunidad está disponible en Español?
¡Participa hoy en conversaciones en el idioma de tu preferencia,cambiando el idioma en tus configuraciones!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

JHebert
Contributor

Job Title in Quotes

SOLVE

Hello Diana,

Could you suggest to your team that the comments in a topic thread be ordered from newest to oldest? This might obviate the need to start a new thread about the same topic, optimize searching, etc. 

Thank you for sharing this suggestion with your colleagues. 

Respectfully,
Jonathan

JB-AMTech
Contributor

Job Title in Quotes

SOLVE

I agree that the note is misleading!! - "Changes you make here will only affect this quote." - @jackcoldrick - could this be changed please?

jackcoldrick
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Job Title in Quotes

SOLVE

Hi @JustinPerkinsC,

The Job title is taken from the "job title" that was provided the last time a user created a quote. So if a new team member comes on board and creates a quote and inserts a job title that will be the default moving forward.

If they were to change it at any stage that would becoming the new default.

I hope this makes sense,

Jack

Jack Coldrick
Solutions Engineer @ HubSpot
Add me on LinkedIn
MGranberg
Participant

Job Title in Quotes

SOLVE

Hi Jack, 
Half of my team did not insert the job title the first time around. 
Can you please help? 
Secondly, what happens when a team member gets promoted and needs to change the "job title" in the quote to reflect their role? 
Thank you

RolandoFonseca

Job Title in Quotes

SOLVE

When generating the quote, on the third step labelled "Your Info," simply click on your name, and a right sidebar will instantly appear, allowing you to edit the job title.

0 Upvotes
JustinPerkinsC
Top Contributor

Job Title in Quotes

SOLVE

ah okay good to know, the HubSpot note that appears in that window was a bit misleading. As it stated it would only be for that one quote the changes would take effect. 

Justin Perkins
Marketing Operations Manager
JPerkins@contractlogix.com
Contract LogixLinkedin