CRM

SSamborn
Participant

Issues with tracking emails

I am a new CRM user and I have the Outlook add-in setup. I am using the Outlook Desktop client.  The issue is that my SENT emails are not tracked in Hubspot. I know the add in is working because the Hubspot tracks inbound emails, but not outbound.  (It also succesfully tracks my calendar)

I cannot find any setting that has to do with this. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks 

0 Upvotes
6 Replies 6
marcy730
Contributor

Hi! 

I hope this helps. 

In my Sales App I have to click track and log email everytime I use Outlook to send an email to a HubSpot Contact. This is what it looks like for me. We are using Office 365 and I have the add-on added to my Outlook. 

If you have people added to CC or BCC make sure to remove them from the log, because if they aren't, HubSpot makes a new record for them. 

Screen Shot 2023-01-24 at 5.07.02 PM.png.    Screen Shot 2023-01-24 at 5.07.09 PM.png

SSamborn
Participant

Thanks Marcy. I have both Log and Track emails checked in my Outlook add in (under Settings/Log and Track settings) and the default associations are seleted as well.  

When I look at the Sales Add In In Outlook for ALL for all my contacts, they all say "This email isnt tracked" under the "This email activity" section.

Very strange

0 Upvotes
marcy730
Contributor

@SSamborn  Interesting, I just did a test and I wonder if something is going on with the App, because I picked Log and Track and look at the error I see on the email, it says I picked not to track it when I did both.

Screen Shot 2023-01-25 at 8.37.15 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-01-25 at 8.31.58 AM.png

0 Upvotes
SSamborn
Participant

Marcy

Thanks - that is very interesting.

Are these channels monitored by any Hubspot people? Its been happening for me for at least 2 weeks.

Scott

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Hi @SSamborn,

This article contains steps for troubleshooting: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email-tracking/troubleshoot-the-hubspot-sales-outlook-desktop-add-in#t...

Could you review them and report back?

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

SSamborn
Participant

Thanks Karsten. I reviewed the article and it does not appear to have any helpful info.  A few few things to note - 

1. I am running Outlook desktop using an Office 365 account

2.I have the Outlook Desktop add in installed and working. (I can see it and use it from within Outlook)

3. I am sending emails out via Outlook

4. Inbound emails do show up in my Hubspot portal, only the OUTBOUND emails do not show up

5. I do not have a separate Hubspot Sales for Windows app installed on my PC. DO I need this? If so where do I get it? It does not download from that link on the page you sent

Please advise

THanks

0 Upvotes