CRM

JobWellDone

Issues tying contacts to current customers.

SOLVE

Hi all - 

I am looking for some help.

Many of my contacts who are current customers, aren't showing they are current customers.

How can I link those 2 without clicking 1 by 1. 

In their contact bio, they are associated to companies, which are current customers, just not customers themselves!

I appreciate any help.

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
Phil_Vallender
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JobWellDone

Have you got the sync lifecycle stage option turned on? 

How can I manage the automatic syncing of lifecycle stages between associated records?

If your contacts are assocated with companies that have a lifecycle stage of customer, this should help you to manage this. 

Hope this helps.

Phil Vallender | HubSpot Website Agency

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
Phil_Vallender
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @JobWellDone

Have you got the sync lifecycle stage option turned on? 

How can I manage the automatic syncing of lifecycle stages between associated records?

If your contacts are assocated with companies that have a lifecycle stage of customer, this should help you to manage this. 

Hope this helps.

0 Upvotes
ThaddeusRex
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you for the lifecycle stage solution!  Now, none of my current customers had this setup - and I need to change the 'start date' of the 'customer status' - i think hubspot property calls it "Became a Customer" 

Do you know how I can change this "Became a Customer" date, so I can update the database accordingly?

Thax!

Thaddeus

0 Upvotes
Phil_Vallender

SOLVE

Hi @ThaddeusRex 

Unfortunatly, you can not change the became a customer date in HubSpot, it is set automatically based on the lifecycle stage changing.

0 Upvotes
JobWellDone

SOLVE

Hi Phil - 

Thank you for the response. I didn't have that applied and just made the change.

It should be automatic though, correct? I didn't see any additional contacts that became a customer.

Is there something with it being a certain lead status? Or I created a field in Companies called Customer Status and I'd like to cross reference against the dropdowns.

Thanks again!

0 Upvotes