CRM

andrewf86
Mitglied

Issue with uploading contacts

lösung

Hi

I have a load of contacts from my old salesforce platform I want to upload against the account name

I understand there are two different objects so you have to upload customers/companies first and then contacts

I did this and with the auto allocate contacts a load of mis allocated companies were being created.

How can I upload the contacts so they appear under the company name I upload?

TIA

0 Upvotes
1 Akzeptierte Lösung
bradmin
Lösung
Autorität

lösung

Hi, @andrewf86. You may want to try using the Salesforce import options from the imports screen in HubSpot instead. From there, you can import all Salesforce leads/contacts/accounts associated with contacts/opportunities associated with contacts, as long as you've set up the appropriate contact, company, or deal sync options first. 

If you don't want to import your entire universe of contacts and accounts, you can add selected Salesforce contacts to an active Salesforce campaign, then import just that campaign from the Imports screen in HubSpot. Doing this with contact and company sync enabled will import all contacts associated with that campaign, as well as its accounts. 

Brad Mampe, Salesforce Analyst, Fidelity
I'm probably wrong. I may not be right about that.

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

0 Upvotes
4 Antworten
markkofman
Stratege/Strategin

lösung
Another option you have is to use 3-rd party import solution - https://wizard.import2.com.

It allows you to import contacts into Hubspot and associate those to existing companies by name instead of email domain name
0 Upvotes
bradmin
Lösung
Autorität

lösung

Hi, @andrewf86. You may want to try using the Salesforce import options from the imports screen in HubSpot instead. From there, you can import all Salesforce leads/contacts/accounts associated with contacts/opportunities associated with contacts, as long as you've set up the appropriate contact, company, or deal sync options first. 

If you don't want to import your entire universe of contacts and accounts, you can add selected Salesforce contacts to an active Salesforce campaign, then import just that campaign from the Imports screen in HubSpot. Doing this with contact and company sync enabled will import all contacts associated with that campaign, as well as its accounts. 

0 Upvotes
andrewf86
Mitglied

lösung

Thanks for the reply

I believe this is only available to Pro customers and above?

0 Upvotes
bradmin
Autorität

lösung

That's correct, and my apologies for only listing that one alternative. In the absence of using the connector - or, for free customers - you'd have to accomplish this by importing .csv's of contacts then customers. There is a setting which allows you to automatically associate contacts with companies, based on the company domain on the contact and company records you're importing.

As for how extra company records were created, I'm not certain. If you had all those settings enabled, and added unique company domains not matching any contact records, that might explain it. If your original data source had more company records than you'd intended, that's another possibility. User error is a possibility, too - I've mixed up my data and imported contacts as companies once before. 

If you navigate to the Imports screen, you should see a history of imports you'd attempted, you can see which records were successfully created, and which errored (you'll be able to download a .csv of errors and see more details, if so). This is one of those things which is difficult to diagnose in the abstract, and is easier accomplished troubleshooting the actual data. 

0 Upvotes