CRM

breadchastick03
Participant

Is there a way to transfer logged activities to a different Contact Record?

Is there a way to transfer logged activities for a Contact into a new Contact Record?

Ex. We had a recent form submission for a Contact A but it synced with  Contact B. The email addresses/name/phone # were different but HubSpot synced the information with Contact B. I would create a new Contact Record but would like the activity to transfer. 

Thank you!

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
pperea
Participant

Did anybody at HubSpot come up with a solution? I have encountered the same problem. It appears Contact A submitted a form using Contact B's email address and this caused the two accounts to merge. Now all of the activity for Contact B is in Contact A and I can't figure out how to move the activity back to the correct contact. 

0 Upvotes
HubSpotMaster
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

@breadchastick03 When you merge contacts the timeline activity merges as well. Here is a link to the knowledge base document regarding Merging Contacts

breadchastick03
Participant

@HubSpotMaster Hello! I'm not trying to merge two contacts. Due to a tracking cookie, a Contact was updated with incorrect information. I had created a separate, new Contact with that information. I wanted the associated Activity (a download request) to follow the new Contact but I don't think there's a straightforward way to do that ... 

0 Upvotes
dennisedson
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Hi @breadchastick03 

Apologies for delayed response.

Adding a few experts in the CRM to see if we can get some ideas

@AdamLPW , @HubSpotMaster , @ConnorSlivensky  do any of you have thoughts here?

0 Upvotes