CRM

katriel
Participant

Is there a way to stop seeing the "Tracking data is not available" error?

SOLVE

I find that tracking emails is invasive and I prefer not to do it to my partners and contacts. I therefore disable tracking for all emails. As a result, all emails I send show up in my activity logs with a repetitive error: "Tracking data is not available for this email. Katriel chose to log this email but not track it."

Is it possible to remove this error altogether? If not, would you please consider this a user suggestion? 

1 Accepted solution
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @katriel,

The message you are seeing cannot be modified. Have you disabled the tracking from within the extension? You can choose not to track the emails either by disabling tracking, changing the setting within the extension, or ensuring each email isn't tracked. 

Thank you,
Jenny

View solution in original post

30 Replies 30
gelflex-cc
Key Advisor

SOLVE

@katriel The extension may be your culprit as it is for logging and tracking.

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email-tracking/get-started-with-the-hubspot-sales-chrome-extension

0 Upvotes
katriel
Participant

SOLVE

@gelflex-cc , thanks, that seems possible. I scanned through the guide on Troubleshooting the Extension https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email-tracking/troubleshooting-the-hubspot-sales-chrome-extension. Didn't see anything relevant to stopping these error messages showing up.

Is there a different place I should post with a complaint about the extension?

gelflex-cc
Key Advisor

SOLVE

@katriel It is the design of the extension. You could probably uninstall it and be fine. 

@jennysowyrda anything I missed?

0 Upvotes
katriel
Participant

SOLVE

@gelflex-cc Wouldn't uninstalling the extension stop logging the emails? Ideally I would log every incoming and outgoing email but not track them. I.e., I want HubSpot to record when emails are sent (and what they say) but not when they're opened. 

I'm not expecting it to be currently possible to get what I want, but I would like it to be noted as user feecback. 

jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @katriel,

The message you are seeing cannot be modified. Have you disabled the tracking from within the extension? You can choose not to track the emails either by disabling tracking, changing the setting within the extension, or ensuring each email isn't tracked. 

Thank you,
Jenny

jdcrwn
Participant

SOLVE

Please consider giving  us a way to remove or at least reduce this message! 

0 Upvotes
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @jdcrwn,

Thank you for your product feedback! 

I would highly recommend you to please post this product suggestion on our ideas forum.

Our product team, who monitors the forum regularly, can read your specific use case and understand why this would be a useful functionality or change. It also helps other customers facing the same issue to advocate for its implementation on your behalf by upvoting on the thread as well. 

Thank you,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
0 Upvotes
benlucier
Participant

SOLVE

This is a surprise to me too.

I've seen somebody else mention it, but I'll say it again: *using the single-pixel tracking is viewed by some as unethical and invasive*. For anybody who doesn't feel this way, read this and tell me you still feel the same way about tracking pixels: https://hey.com/spy-trackers/

Although I'm not using the spy pixel, of course, I still want to log emails to my customers. I've disabled tacking within HubSpot for ALL users, and so it feels weird (dumb, actually), that every email says "TRACKING DATA NOT AVAILABLE" when of course it isn't -- I've disabled it. 🙂 

The gmail extension offers two features:

1. logging the email to hubpot AND

2. adding the tracking pixel

I don't why there are recommendations here to remove the gmail integration. Removing the extension will remove the logging capability-- which is important!

What people are asking for here, myself included: is that if pixel tracking is disabled for all my users in the system, then why show that message at all? 

This message is annoying enough for me and my staff and from our perspective it makes an otherwise clean interface look very cluttered. 🤷🏻‍

Anyhoo... I already know the answer why spy pixels will never be disabled and it will probably take strict government legislation that outlaws. So keep the feature... but for those of us who don't believe in spy pixels-- all we're asking for is a clutter-free interface by removing the MASSIVE alert at the top of EVERY. SINGLE. EMAIL. 🤔

gelflex-cc
Key Advisor

SOLVE

@jennysowyrda Thank you Jenny 🙂

0 Upvotes
gelflex-cc
Key Advisor

SOLVE

@katriel you might have to test it. Log out of the extension or turn it off temporarily and send a test email.

If the HubSpot Bcc shows up at the bottom of your email, no big deal. 

0 Upvotes