Is there a way to stop seeing the "Tracking data is not available" error?

SOLVE
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I find that tracking emails is invasive and I prefer not to do it to my partners and contacts. I therefore disable tracking for all emails. As a result, all emails I send show up in my activity logs with a repetitive error: "Tracking data is not available for this email. Katriel chose to log this email but not track it."

Is it possible to remove this error altogether? If not, would you please consider this a user suggestion? 

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Hi @katriel,

The message you are seeing cannot be modified. Have you disabled the tracking from within the extension? You can choose not to track the emails either by disabling tracking, changing the setting within the extension, or ensuring each email isn't tracked. 

Thank you,
Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
9 Replies 9
Esteemed Advisor

@katriel I do not understand? One point of using a CRM is to track email and document opens so one can reach out at the right time. 

Where did you go to stop tracking? 

What browser and plugins are you using? Who is your email client?

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

I recognize that secret tracking pixels are a reason one might use a CRM. It's just not my reason for using a CRM. My reason for using a CRM is that so my team can keep track of our relationships with external stakeholders over the long term, especially when there are different people in each relevant stakeholder organization we might be talking to at once. I like to log but not track emails.

I'm using Gmail through an organizational G Suite account. I have the Hubspot Chrome extension. To disable tracking, I click on the HubSpot button in Gmail and the "Log and track settings" link: https://pasteboard.co/IJyOj8P.png

0 Upvotes
Esteemed Advisor

@katriel The extension may be your culprit as it is for logging and tracking.

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email-tracking/get-started-with-the-hubspot-sales-chrome-extension

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

@gelflex-cc , thanks, that seems possible. I scanned through the guide on Troubleshooting the Extension https://knowledge.hubspot.com/email-tracking/troubleshooting-the-hubspot-sales-chrome-extension. Didn't see anything relevant to stopping these error messages showing up.

Is there a different place I should post with a complaint about the extension?

Esteemed Advisor

@katriel It is the design of the extension. You could probably uninstall it and be fine. 

@jennysowyrda anything I missed?

0 Upvotes
Occasional Contributor

@gelflex-cc Wouldn't uninstalling the extension stop logging the emails? Ideally I would log every incoming and outgoing email but not track them. I.e., I want HubSpot to record when emails are sent (and what they say) but not when they're opened. 

I'm not expecting it to be currently possible to get what I want, but I would like it to be noted as user feecback. 

Esteemed Advisor

@katriel you might have to test it. Log out of the extension or turn it off temporarily and send a test email.

If the HubSpot Bcc shows up at the bottom of your email, no big deal. 

0 Upvotes
Community Manager

Hi @katriel,

The message you are seeing cannot be modified. Have you disabled the tracking from within the extension? You can choose not to track the emails either by disabling tracking, changing the setting within the extension, or ensuring each email isn't tracked. 

Thank you,
Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
Esteemed Advisor

@jennysowyrda Thank you Jenny Smiley Happy

0 Upvotes