Is there a way to limit how many companies a contact is assigned to?

Highlighted
New Contributor

I have an issue where we have the same email address assigned to multiple companies. It means our sales reps are reaching out to the same contact. I know that the ability to assign a contact to multiple companies is a fairly new feature. Is there a way to "turn that off" so I can't import an existing contact against a new company if that email already exists? 

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
Resident Expert

@ChrisWoods Can you expand on this? I am not using the multiple companies for a contact for that specific reason, I want the email to go to the right contact at the right company. 

You can unassociate the person from the company. On the contact record, does it not show the other emails, calls that are connected to the person?

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

I have a problem where "Contact A" is being imported against "Company B" but "Contact A" is already in Hubspot, associated with "Company A". 

Company A is managed by one Sales Rep and Company B is managed by a different Sales Rep. 

As a result, Contact A receives 2 sales emails that are the same. 

0 Upvotes
Resident Expert

@ChrisWoods AHH. And the sales reps can not see each other correct?

@jennysowyrda any ideas?

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

@gelflex-cc the sales reps can see each others records, but searching records adds a step to our sales email outreach process

0 Upvotes
Resident Expert

@ChrisWoods sending you a PM

0 Upvotes