CRM

SarahN
Colaborador

Is there a way to filter by the date the task was completed?

resolver

Right now, when I filter through completed tasks, it shows me the tasks that were completed which had a due date during the timeframe I specified.

When really, I want to be able to see if past-due tasks were also completed that day as well. That way I can see all tasks that were completed by day and ensure that my team is meeting a minimum goal of completed tasks. 

Thoughts? I'm trying to figure out how to use the custom reports to do this. But really, any method will do. 

Thanks 🙂 

1 Soluciones aceptada
StephanyWHP
Solución
Colaborador

resolver

Hey Sarah-

Currently HubSpot doesn't seem to offer a way to filter or sort by the date or time a task was completed; it goes strictly based off the due date. This means if you complete a task early or late without adjusting the due date accordingly, the task will show up on the timeline of the Contact/Company based on when it was scheduled and not when it was actually done. 

I usually get around this by just mass updating all of my overdue tasks each morning to the current date, so if I complete it the task will show correctly on the chronological timeline (helpful when the task is given context by relevant emails/calls which are autologged and timestamped).

I also usually put any updates to the task within the body of it with a date, but getting in the habit of updating the due date of tasks each morning seems to be more efficient. 🙂 

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

8 Respuestas 8
StephanyWHP
Solución
Colaborador

resolver

Hey Sarah-

Currently HubSpot doesn't seem to offer a way to filter or sort by the date or time a task was completed; it goes strictly based off the due date. This means if you complete a task early or late without adjusting the due date accordingly, the task will show up on the timeline of the Contact/Company based on when it was scheduled and not when it was actually done. 

I usually get around this by just mass updating all of my overdue tasks each morning to the current date, so if I complete it the task will show correctly on the chronological timeline (helpful when the task is given context by relevant emails/calls which are autologged and timestamped).

I also usually put any updates to the task within the body of it with a date, but getting in the habit of updating the due date of tasks each morning seems to be more efficient. 🙂 

JenWallace
Colaborador

resolver

While this is a workaround, it also creates a challenge when doing performance management.  If we have staff that is constantly adjusting the due dates of their tasks and not completing them on time, that is also an issue.  the system should track the initial due date, and if rescheduled that should be tracked, and it should easily show the completion date.  This is by far more important when looking at historical information with a customer and laying out a timeline for them. 

0 Me gusta
Gabriel_Ramos
Participante

resolver

I haven't seen an update for this , is it possible to see the taks "marked as done date" now?

Kind regards

SarahN
Colaborador

resolver

Nope 😞 What I ended up doing was literally taking down the total number of "Completed Tasks" every day from the lifetime of the employee. And then I get the total number the following day again, in order to get the difference to find out how many were done. 

EricCrux
Participante

resolver

Frankly, the timeline in my opinion needs to reflect the task completion date not the due date.

I have to think this is something Hubspot can implement fast...or at the very least have the due date automatically adjust to the time of completion.

I haven't seen if this a request out there yet besides this post though.

SarahN
Colaborador

resolver

I completely agree. 

I'm not sure about everyone else, but when I manage my team, I need to know when a task was completed because most of the time, it wasn't when it was due. Also, our timelines need to be a progression of the account and dates need to be reflected accurately. 

JenWallace
Colaborador

resolver

Hard to believe that this thread started in 2017 and HS has still not addressed the issue.  As the super user for my company, this is a critical requirement to be able to show actual completion date on the company activity timeline NOT the original due date.  How do we get this escalated and resolved?  Its a fundamental flaw in the system in my humble opinion

CKnudsen1
Participante

resolver

I agree this is neccesary, is there still no solve to this issue?

0 Me gusta