Is there a way to filter by the date the task was completed?

SOLVE
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Right now, when I filter through completed tasks, it shows me the tasks that were completed which had a due date during the timeframe I specified.

When really, I want to be able to see if past-due tasks were also completed that day as well. That way I can see all tasks that were completed by day and ensure that my team is meeting a minimum goal of completed tasks. 

Thoughts? I'm trying to figure out how to use the custom reports to do this. But really, any method will do. 

Thanks 🙂 

1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution
Regular Contributor

Hey Sarah-

Currently HubSpot doesn't seem to offer a way to filter or sort by the date or time a task was completed; it goes strictly based off the due date. This means if you complete a task early or late without adjusting the due date accordingly, the task will show up on the timeline of the Contact/Company based on when it was scheduled and not when it was actually done. 

I usually get around this by just mass updating all of my overdue tasks each morning to the current date, so if I complete it the task will show correctly on the chronological timeline (helpful when the task is given context by relevant emails/calls which are autologged and timestamped).

I also usually put any updates to the task within the body of it with a date, but getting in the habit of updating the due date of tasks each morning seems to be more efficient. 🙂 

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
Highlighted
Solution
Regular Contributor

Hey Sarah-

Currently HubSpot doesn't seem to offer a way to filter or sort by the date or time a task was completed; it goes strictly based off the due date. This means if you complete a task early or late without adjusting the due date accordingly, the task will show up on the timeline of the Contact/Company based on when it was scheduled and not when it was actually done. 

I usually get around this by just mass updating all of my overdue tasks each morning to the current date, so if I complete it the task will show correctly on the chronological timeline (helpful when the task is given context by relevant emails/calls which are autologged and timestamped).

I also usually put any updates to the task within the body of it with a date, but getting in the habit of updating the due date of tasks each morning seems to be more efficient. 🙂 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Frankly, the timeline in my opinion needs to reflect the task completion date not the due date.

I have to think this is something Hubspot can implement fast...or at the very least have the due date automatically adjust to the time of completion.

I haven't seen if this a request out there yet besides this post though.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I completely agree. 

I'm not sure about everyone else, but when I manage my team, I need to know when a task was completed because most of the time, it wasn't when it was due. Also, our timelines need to be a progression of the account and dates need to be reflected accurately. 

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I haven't seen an update for this , is it possible to see the taks "marked as done date" now?

Kind regards

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Nope 😞 What I ended up doing was literally taking down the total number of "Completed Tasks" every day from the lifetime of the employee. And then I get the total number the following day again, in order to get the difference to find out how many were done. 

0 Upvotes