CRM

sjoy

Is there a way to enable users to add custom options in a custom Multiple Checkbox property?

SOLVE

I'm adding a custom Multiple checkboxes property, and I want to allow for users to add options to the dropdown list if they don't see a the corrrect pre-existing option in the dropdown. Example: user comes in to add the locations of offices for a given company that has offices in Austin Texas and Fargo North Dakota. My dropdown includes an option for Austin Texas, but not Fargo. I want to allow the user to create "Fargo" in the dropdown list at the time they are interacting with the dropdown.

Is this possible, or can I only build a multiple checkbox property with a pre-defined set of options?

1 Accepted solution
GuyTaylor
Solution
Guide

Is there a way to enable users to add custom options in a custom Multiple Checkbox property?

SOLVE

Hi @sjoy, a good question.

I'm afraid the only location that allows you to edit(add a new option) to a drop down property is the settings page.

But I have two ideas that might help. You could share a link that will take your team members to exact page/area that allows editing of the drop down. You can even turn this into a property of it's own so it's always there ready to be clicked. Image below:

Edit drop down.png

The second option would be to use a little side product I am working on called HubTags. This allows you to create and apply tags while looking at a contact record. In the image below you will see a 'Manage tags' button, click this and you can create a new tag (e.g. Fargo) and apply it to the contact without leaving the page.
Manage tags.png

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
GuyTaylor
Solution
Guide

SOLVE

Hi @sjoy, a good question.

I'm afraid the only location that allows you to edit(add a new option) to a drop down property is the settings page.

But I have two ideas that might help. You could share a link that will take your team members to exact page/area that allows editing of the drop down. You can even turn this into a property of it's own so it's always there ready to be clicked. Image below:

Edit drop down.png

The second option would be to use a little side product I am working on called HubTags. This allows you to create and apply tags while looking at a contact record. In the image below you will see a 'Manage tags' button, click this and you can create a new tag (e.g. Fargo) and apply it to the contact without leaving the page.
Manage tags.png