CRM

user2384734
Contributor

Is there a way to customize the default filters showing at the top of the contacts page?

SOLVE

I know that I can create custom views and filter on any of my available fields, but is there a way to customize the default filters that show at the top of the contacts view page. 

For example, see screenshot below. I don't have the need to use Contact Owner as a filter that often. I would prefer to change this to one of my custom fields I created. In the interface, I can't see a way to customize/edit this, or at least it's not very intuitive. 

Anyone know how to customize this?

Screen Shot 2021-08-22 at 1.08.51 PM.png

2 Accepted solutions
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Is there a way to customize the default filters showing at the top of the contacts page?

SOLVE

Hi @user2384734,

This is currently not possible. Other users have asked for the same thing, see 'Change default filters in contact/company view'. Upvoting the HubSpot Idea request will increase the likelihood that the product team evalutates the idea. Adding a comment with your use case can also help.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MterHeide,

While changing the default filters is not possible, you can save additional views. By dragging and dropping them to the very left, they will be the filtered view you see whenever you open a record index page.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
8 Replies 8
kasiabf
Participant

SOLVE
MterHeide

SOLVE

Is there a HubSpot Integration that solves this problem of customizable filters? 

0 Upvotes
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @MterHeide,

Thanks for reaching out!

If you have developer resources, you could utilize the CRM API to make a POST request to search your CRM records. You can read more about this API and its capabilities in this developer documentation.

I hope this helps!

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @MterHeide,

While changing the default filters is not possible, you can save additional views. By dragging and dropping them to the very left, they will be the filtered view you see whenever you open a record index page.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
CCaffrey
Contributor

SOLVE

Upvoting this feature request.  Would really like to see customizable search field and filter view.  Really slows down the team

0 Upvotes
webdew
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @user2384734 ,

Unfortunately, you cannot change the default filters on a record dashboard. As @karstenkoehler suggested, yiu can upvote the idea on ideas.

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards.

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @user2384734,

This is currently not possible. Other users have asked for the same thing, see 'Change default filters in contact/company view'. Upvoting the HubSpot Idea request will increase the likelihood that the product team evalutates the idea. Adding a comment with your use case can also help.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

user2384734
Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks Karsten. I will upvote and provide a comment. This seems like an obvious need, why bother having default filter fields if nobody uses them. I'm sure for some teams the default options are useful, but even they would probably like to have the option to set default filters for their separate views. Why have the ability to have custom views but not customize the filters you use all the time. I know, preaching to the choir. Love Hubspot though, I've been able to easily customize everything I have needed with ease, this is the first wall I have hit. 

thanks again!