CRM

Aidas

Is there a way to backup all the activity with each contact in CRM? (sales emails, notes, etc.)

SOLVE

Hi,

There were some issues recently with loading content in CRM. It was resolved, however, but caused some panic attacks within our sales team 🙂 as they had all their notes in there without a backup.

Now to prevent them from having strokes, I thought we should backup all that data from time to time, but I can't find a way. It seems like we can backup (or export) pretty much everything, BUT the content I'm talking about (like logged sales emails, notes about each contact, etc.).

How could I do that?

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted solution
edjusten
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Is there a way to backup all the activity with each contact in CRM? (sales emails, notes, etc.)

SOLVE

Hi @Aidas  At this time, there is not a way to backup or download timeline data. In my experience, we have yet to experience a total loss in timeline data for any customer; however, I can understand your concern. Can you add a request for timeline backup to the ideas forum?

Ed 

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
27 Replies 27
AnnuPalathingal
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @Aidas,

To get automated smart backups you can use external backup tools such as SysCloud . We have built a backup solution that can back up 21+ HubSpot objects, such as Contacts, Companies, Deals, Tickets, Landing pages, Blog posts etc, including custom objects. The backups also include individual CRM record engagement activities such as notes, tasks, emails, call logs, and meeting logs. 

You get granular restore options that allow you to restore an entire object, individual records, or even engagement activities in a record such as notes, call logs, tasks, and so on. You will also get multiple snapshots of these to choose from when you restore it back to the account. 

The backed-up data can also be exported in .csv or .xlsx formats. 

I hope this helps you 😊

Best regards,

Annu Sabu Palathingal

0 Upvotes
DianaGomez
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @AnnuPalathingal, hope you are doing well!

Thanks for sharing!

Best,

Diana

¿Sabías que la Comunidad está disponible en Español?
¡Participa hoy en conversaciones en el idioma de tu preferencia,cambiando el idioma en tus configuraciones!

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
SarahX
Contributor

SOLVE

@johnelmer  Hi John, can Ultimate Data Export back up attachments?

0 Upvotes
johnelmer
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

SOLVE

@SarahX Ultimate Data Export does not export attachments. 

Did this post help solve your problem? If so, please mark it as a solution.

John Elmer, CEO
Bayard Bradford

Advanced CRM Implementation | HubSpot Custom Integration Services | Datawarehouse.io Apps for HubSpot
Elite HubSpot Solutions Partner
> Follow me on LinkedIn
0 Upvotes
SarahX
Contributor

SOLVE

Okay, no problem, thanks John. Looks like this might be a bit of a tricky thing to do so we might be better off saving our agreements to a second source.

0 Upvotes
johnelmer

SOLVE

@Aidas @TiphaineCuisset  One option is to export all of your CRM data using Ultimate Data Export for HubSpot

Ultimate Data Export is available free of charge in the HubSpot App Marketplace.  

With the Ultimate Data Export for HubSpot you can export the following data tables and their associations:

• Contacts
    • Web Analytics
    • Companies
    • Deals
    • Deal History
    • Owners
    • Campaigns
    • Engagements
    • Emails
    • Products
    • Tickets
    • and more related subdata such as Pipelines and Associations.

Here is a brief explainer video on the app. 

John Elmer, CEO
Bayard Bradford

Advanced CRM Implementation | HubSpot Custom Integration Services | Datawarehouse.io Apps for HubSpot
> Follow me on LinkedIn
johnelmer

SOLVE

@Aidas I know this is an older thread, but we just introduced HubSpot Backup and Restore on the HubSpot App Marketplace. We are a certified App Partner and built this solution for HubSpot users who are concerned about the limitations of HubSpot's recycle bin and want a way to recover from unintended user deletions.

John

John Elmer, CEO
Bayard Bradford

> Follow me on LinkedIn
jasonashaw
Contributor

SOLVE

Is this product still available? The App in the marketplace says "out of stock" and is not available for purchase.

Best,

Jason

0 Upvotes
mariakorr

SOLVE

Hello Jason!

We’re building a solution that will allow you to automatically backup and restore Hubspot data. I would love to hear your feedback on this.

Here’s more information. 

Let me know your thoughts! 

0 Upvotes
johnelmer

SOLVE

@jasonashaw This service has been discontinue due to lack of demand. I suggest contacting Scot Trumeter at Trujay to see if they are providing this service. Another option is Skyvia.

John Elmer, CEO
Bayard Bradford

> Follow me on LinkedIn
0 Upvotes
didierthizy

SOLVE

My company Rewind.io is working to extend our product's backup and rollback capabilities to HubSpot, and would really like to understand the use cases that users in the ecosystem have. HubSpot is quite a vast platform with lots of different types of data and different rollback scenarios - any recommendations on how to prioritize to best serve the community would be really helpful.  Message me anytime @ didier@rewind.io if interested to have a discussion.

For reference - Rewind is a leader in backup/rollback for cloud apps like Shopify, Quickbooks and MailChimp. Over 20,000 customers have trusted Rewind to backup their critical data including Shopify's largest customers and brands like Hasbro and P&G.  

0 Upvotes
Hubackup

SOLVE

Hey @Aidas - We're developing a tool right now exclusively/specifically for Hubspot called Hubackup. We should have the MVP ready by the end of the month for testing! 

If you'd like to BETA TEST that would be awesome. You can shoot us an e-mail: hello@hubackup.com

We see the need for this and are all over bringing  a solution to market! 

CC: @edjusten @OLukavetska @IlkkaTuominen 

0 Upvotes
Patryk

SOLVE

I created some scripts to backup our Hubspot content. Not everything is possible to be backed up, but currently it saves blogposts, landing and website pages, templates and custom modules. It's just a last line of defence if we lose everything, so it's not very sophisticated and propably will need some work to be restored properly.

https://github.com/patrykkalinowski/hubspot-backup

0 Upvotes
patrykkalinowsk

SOLVE

I created some scripts to backup our Hubspot content. Not everything is possible to be backed up, but currently it saves blogposts, landing and website pages, templates and custom modules. It's just a last line of defence if we lose everything, so it's not very sophisticated and propably will need some work to be restored properly.

https://github.com/patrykkalinowski/hubspot-backup

Since my first answer in this thread, I created a free tool to backup Hubspot accounts: Hubspot Data & Content Backup

Currently it saves most available data to files - it's pretty fast, too. Still working on it, so you can expect more features coming soon.

Aidas

SOLVE

Hi all,

Thanks for the replies! I see there are quite a few 3rd party services to deal with this. Was there some sort of API launched recently enabling this?

Anyway, I'll look into these. Thanks a lot!

Regards,

Aidas

IlkkaTuominen
Contributor

SOLVE

Giving this a follow as well. Much needed feature at our premises and I think that at the rates we're paying for HS, we shouldn't be forced to use a 3rd party solution..

JacobM

SOLVE

Take a look at Skyvia. It allows to backup Hubspot data automatically on a daily basis or anytime manually. In case of any data loss, you can recover your data in a few clicks.

jasonashaw
Contributor

SOLVE

We have been using Skyvia for the last year and it not only works perfectly, but it is also inexpensive.  Thank you for the suggestion!

Zsuzsa

SOLVE

Hey Jason - please tell me if I backup all my Hubspot data to Skyvia, can I then download and store that backup from Skyvia onto an external hard drive?

0 Upvotes
johnelmer

SOLVE

@Zsuzsa If your goal is to export your HubSpot data to a local hard drive,you can export all of your CRM data using Ultimate Data Export for HubSpotUltimate Data Export is available free of charge in the HubSpot App Marketplace.  

With the Ultimate Data Export for HubSpot you can export the following data tables and their associations:

• Contacts
    • Web Analytics
    • Companies
    • Deals
    • Deal History
    • Owners
    • Campaigns
    • Engagements
    • Emails
    • Products
    • Tickets
    • and more related subdata such as Pipelines and Associations.

Here is a brief explainer video on the app. 

If you want to export your data on a recurring basis, we offer a paid app in the HubSpot App Marketplace that exports the data you want to Excel -- the Excel Integration for HubSpot.  Using this app, your HubSpot data can be set up to refresh in Excel on a regularly scheduled basis. 

John Elmer, CEO
Bayard Bradford

> Follow me on LinkedIn
0 Upvotes