CRM

Aidas

Is there a way to backup all the activity with each contact in CRM? (sales emails, notes, etc.)

SOLVE

Hi,

There were some issues recently with loading content in CRM. It was resolved, however, but caused some panic attacks within our sales team 🙂 as they had all their notes in there without a backup.

Now to prevent them from having strokes, I thought we should backup all that data from time to time, but I can't find a way. It seems like we can backup (or export) pretty much everything, BUT the content I'm talking about (like logged sales emails, notes about each contact, etc.).

How could I do that?

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted solution
edjusten
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Is there a way to backup all the activity with each contact in CRM? (sales emails, notes, etc.)

SOLVE

Hi @Aidas  At this time, there is not a way to backup or download timeline data. In my experience, we have yet to experience a total loss in timeline data for any customer; however, I can understand your concern. Can you add a request for timeline backup to the ideas forum?

Ed 

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
27 Replies 27
jasonashaw
Contributor

SOLVE
I don’t know. That isn’t anything I’ve tried.
0 Upvotes
OLukavetska
Contributor

SOLVE

Hey,

Try to do the backups to CSV or Excel automatically using Data2CRM service.

Get in touch with experts to get more information.

Cheers

0 Upvotes
edjusten
Solution
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

SOLVE

Hi @Aidas  At this time, there is not a way to backup or download timeline data. In my experience, we have yet to experience a total loss in timeline data for any customer; however, I can understand your concern. Can you add a request for timeline backup to the ideas forum?

Ed 

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
0 Upvotes
pkenny001
Participant

SOLVE

Since this post is from 2017, I am wondering if this is capability (ability to backup sales activities) has been added to Hubspot? (We are a software company and prefer to do our own backups).  Thanks

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @pkenny001 

Thank you for reaching out. 

This is not possible at this stage within HubSpot, I'd recommend upvoting this Idea in our Ideas Forum regarding this. You can also subscribe to the idea (Options > Subscribe) to get notified if the status changes. 

It also seems like you can do it with this integration

Hope that helps.
Have a lovely day,
Tiphaine.

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes
Aidas

SOLVE

Thanks for a reply.

Just did. 

A.

ScotTrumeter
Participant | Elite Partner
Participant | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hey @Aidas

We can backup all of that data for you, notes, emails, calls, meetings and even activity data(clicks, opens, views, etc.)  Not sure if this is still a need for you but wanted to let you know our tool is hooked up to HubSpot and can get it exported for you.  Reach out to me here at scot@trujay.com, thanks!

0 Upvotes