CRM

BLaverack

Is there a way to autopopulate a deal property with information in a Company property

SOLVE

Hello!

Essentially I want to set up a workflow so if someone fills in say the "account number" property at a Company level, that will then autopopulate the "account number" property in all associated deals.

So the sales team won't need to enter that info each time they make a new deal.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Is there a way to autopopulate a deal property with information in a Company property

SOLVE

Hi @IHateCopyPaste, yes, the workflow would enroll new records as long as they meet the enrollment criteria – in my screenshot that criterion would be that source property value is known. Cheers!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @IHateCopyPaste, yes, the workflow would enroll new records as long as they meet the enrollment criteria – in my screenshot that criterion would be that source property value is known. Cheers!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @IHateCopyPaste, where did the workflow solutions fall short?

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
IHateCopyPaste

SOLVE

Would it work for the new deals?

0 Upvotes
IHateCopyPaste

SOLVE

This is definately possible with HubSpot API / Webhooks combination. I've used it for my clients countless of times for situations like this since workflows fell short for such "edge cases". 

Relevant docs:

https://legacydocs.hubspot.com/docs/methods/webhooks/webhooks-overview

https://legacydocs.hubspot.com/docs/methods/deals/update_deal

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @BLaverack,

Yes, this is possible with a company-based workflow like the one I drafted below. Simply replace the properties:

karstenkoehler_2-1620663865619.png

Setting the re-enrollment to "[Property] is known" is important if you want this workflow to update the associated deals whenever the source property value changes.

And yes, the change will be made to all associated records.

As always, I'd highly recommend testing this on a few records first (e.g. by only enrolling companies with a specific name) before unleashing it on your whole database.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

BLaverack

SOLVE

Thanks - this works perfectly!